Disability Community Not Just for Disabled
Published: 2008-12-29 - Updated: 2016-09-23
Author: Disabled World | Contact: Disabled World
Synopsis: A Disability Community is defined as a meeting place for persons with disabilities Disabled World provides a free disability community for seniors and the disabled.
Today, it is great to see the number of disability community websites that cater for persons with disabilities increasing and covering all types of health conditions, ages, and facets of community life.
In Other News:
What is a Disability Community
A Disability Community would be defined as a gathering or meeting place for persons with disabilities. An Online Disability Community would be described as a website where people can interact with one another by chat rooms, discussion areas, and other interactive social networking areas.
A few years ago there were very few websites that provided resources for the disabled, let alone dedicated social networking sites that specifically addressed health and disability issues in an online community. Today, it is great to see the number of community websites that cater for persons with disabilities increasing and covering all types of disabilities, ages, and facets of community life.
One such Disability Community is owned and operated by Lynn and Disabled World, the couple behind the popular website for persons with disabilities, Disabled World.
The Disabled World Disability Community welcomes not only those with disabilities and health conditions, but also seniors - including baby boomers, caregivers and workers who provide support and community services, their families and friends, and able bodied members who would like to meet compatible people who happen to have a disability or health condition.
Interactive areas on the disability community include:
- Display a unique profile to members and visitors with enhanced page design tools to create a personal lively profile page in the style of MySpace. With the ability to add music players, current weather, videos, and similar widgets, your profile page can truly reflect your personality.
- Create your own online blog or journal and post your thoughts and comments on other members blogs 24 hours a day.
- Create and answer quizzes posted by other community members.
- Create your own poll and vote on other members polls.
- Play classic arcade games from the past with score recording, and challenge other disability community members to a game competition.
- Post coming events concerning disabilities and health and create personal reminders to yourself with the interactive calender.
- Ask or answer questions posted by disability community members in a style similar to Yahoo Answers.
- Upload interesting pictures, comment on, and rank other community members pictures.
- Ask/Answer questions and discuss current issues regarding disabilities and health in the discussion area.
- Post classified ads or purchase items from other disability community members.
- Read and Digg health and disability news items from around the world.
- Create your own online group or club about nearly any topic you wish and invite members to join your group
Becoming a member and accessing all areas of the disability community is completely free. And with exciting new features constantly being added to the community regularly, there is always something new to read and participate in.
As the world's population continues to age we will see more and more people joining an online health or disability community. The majority of our aging population, known as baby boomers, are already computer literate and eager to seek and share information with others regarding various health and wellness conditions that will eventually effect all of us.
Disabled World is an independent disability community established in 2004 to provide disability news and information to people with disabilities, seniors, and their family and/or carers. See our homepage for informative reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can connect with us on social media such as Twitter and Facebook or learn more about Disabled World on our about us page.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Cite Page: Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Disabled World. Electronic Publication Date: 2008-12-29 - Revised: 2016-09-23. Title: Disability Community Not Just for Disabled, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/communication/community/disability-community.php>Disability Community Not Just for Disabled</a>. Retrieved 2021-07-30, from https://www.disabled-world.com/communication/community/disability-community.php - Reference: DW#214-112.