Forum for People Needing Assistance or Seeking Housing
Synopsis and Key Points:
Enabling elderly and disabled to remain in their own homes by locating live-in help provided by those in need of housing.
Main DigestAbideWithMe.us is Forum for People Needing Assistance and Those Who Need Housing.
AbideWithMe.us, the forum for people seeking housing and people seeking assistance, today announces its launch in Ohio.
AbideWithMe.us is the gathering place for people with diverse needs to mutually benefit from one another's aid, support, and situation. The site enables the elderly and disabled to remain in their own homes by locating live-in help provided by those in need of housing.
Many people entering long-term care facilities do not need skilled nursing care. Rather, they need someone in the home to assist with daily activities. However, families often have no one available to provide this assistance. AbideWithMe Founder, Andi Michelson, says, "A nursing home is a great place to be if you need skilled nursing care, but many people could remain in their own homes longer if they had someone living with them to assist physically."
"I believe the 'Abide with Me' concept is right for our time - an aging baby boomer generation, a struggling economy, a housing bust, and a timeless mandate to bear one another's burdens. A house is a resource - health is a resource - sometimes the resources just aren't all held by one person," says Terry Bailey, a minister in East Canton, OH.
How it works:
Individuals publish needs for housing or assistance.
No charge for posting or viewing listings.
Individuals choose to connect; each connecting party pays a minimal fee.
Participants connect and determine if they can mutually benefit from one another's aid and housing.
AbideWithMe.us is currently serving Stark, Summit, Tuscarawas, Carroll and Wayne counties in Ohio. Other counties and states will be added as needed.
Have a need, but live elsewhere? Contact us.
Visit the AbideWithMe caregiver resource blog, full of information pertinent to aging, disease and caregiving at www.abidewithme.us
AbideWithMe.us - Founder and Occupational Therapy Assistant Andi Michelson observed a family friend struggle to find a live-in caregiver following his wife's stroke; unable to find assistance, and with the cost of using a home health agency prohibitive, the friend had to place his wife in a nursing home. Michelson was stirred by Psalm 68, "God makes a home for the lonely," and conceived of AbideWithMe.us as a place where opens doors and helping hands meet.
AbideWithMe on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/AbideWithMe/173249022719037
- 1 - Google Closing Google Plus (Google+) Social Media Community : Disabled World (2019/02/02)
- 2 - The BC Coalition of People with Disabilities Website : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/07/02)
- 3 - Pictures or Updates to Social Media Sites Can Jeopardize Disability Benefits : Disabled World (2019/03/29)
- 4 - A Touch of Understanding and Education : Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2011/10/05)
- 5 - Net Literacy: Programs Serving Students, People with Disabilities and Seniors : Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2011/11/12)
- 6 - Disaboom: Disability Community for Persons with Disabilities : Disabled World (2010/06/01)
- 7 - Exoskeleton Robots for Wheelchair Users : www.exoskeleton-suit.com (2010/10/28)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.