Wheelchair Pride: More Than Just Another Wheelchair Blog
Author: Wheelchair Pride
Published: 2009-04-25 : (Rev. 2010-07-11)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Wheelchair Pride is a new blog which has just been released but wheelchair pride is more than just a blog it is a movement.
Main DigestWheelchair Pride is a new blog which has just been released by Gene and Galina Emmer, the folks behind RehaDesign Wheelchair Products.
But wheelchair pride is more than just a blog. It is a movement.
Sarah Triano a disability spokesperson wrote:
"Although there are many barriers facing people with disabilities today, the single greatest obstacle we face as a community is our own sense of inferiority, internalized oppression and shame"
Gene Emmer said:
"For years we have heard about Black Pride, Gay Pride, Hispanic Pride, etc. Members of minority groups from all walks of life have "come out", taken a stand to end discrimination and to integrate into society. It is time for leaders of the wheelchair community to do that as well. We want to celebrate wheelchair users who reach beyond their limits, who set and achieve remarkable goals. We are celebrating wheelchair heroes like Aaron Fotheringham, the first person to do a backflip in a wheelchair and Michelle Colvard, Ms Wheelchair America 2009"
The blog will include the following features:
"wheelchair heroes" - wheelchair users who push the boundaries
"cool wheelchair technology" - innovative wheelchairs and wheelchair products
"wheelchair photos" - photos of the coolest wheelchairs we have seen
"wheelchair sports" - wheelchair sports from A-Z (ok, we don't know a sport that begins with "Z").
Galina invites everyone to participate, "Come visit Wheelchair Pride and celebrate wheelchair heroes of the world. Find out about cool wheelchair technology which can help wheelchair users to express their wheelchair pride. But we also expect you to participate. If you know of a cool wheelchair user or cool wheelchair technology, come to www.wheelchairpride.com and let us know about it".
- 1 - Google Closing Google Plus (Google+) Social Media Community : Disabled World (2019/02/02)
- 2 - The BC Coalition of People with Disabilities Website : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/07/02)
- 3 - Pictures or Updates to Social Media Sites Can Jeopardize Disability Benefits : Disabled World (2019/03/29)
- 4 - A Touch of Understanding and Education : Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2011/10/05)
- 5 - Net Literacy: Programs Serving Students, People with Disabilities and Seniors : Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2011/11/12)
- 6 - Disaboom: Disability Community for Persons with Disabilities : Disabled World (2010/06/01)
- 7 - Exoskeleton Robots for Wheelchair Users : www.exoskeleton-suit.com (2010/10/28)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.