- Synopsis: Disabled dating websites and disability personals reviews including online dating tips and advice for those with disabilities seeking friendship love and romance.
Definition: Defining the Meaning of Dating
Dating is defined as a part of human mating process whereby two people meet socially for companionship, beyond the level of friendship, or with the aim of each assessing the other's suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or marriage. It can be a form of courtship consisting of social activities done by the couple. While the term has several meanings, it usually refers to the act of meeting and engaging in some mutually agreed upon social activity in public, together, as a couple.
In addition to disability dating tips and advice articles, the Disabled Dating World section includes information and reviews of websites providing services for persons with a disability seeking friendship, love, and romance through online disabled personals.
Today, dating for people with a disability has become a lot easier with the majority of people having access to the internet. Those who are disabled now find there are many opportunities online for meeting new people and forming friendships and relationships. Dating sites for the disabled act as social networking sites and online communities for many people with disabilities. Moreover, they aren't only for people who are disabled, but for anyone who might be interested in dating someone who is.
Types of Online Disability Dating Sites:
A search of the Internet shows there is a range of dating sites for disabled singles, ranging from general disabilities to specific disabled dating websites catering for amputees, the deaf, wheelchair dating, and other disability dating niches.
Blind singles have their own dating sites designed for the visually impaired where you can find friends, make dates or simply look up information regarding people with disabilities.
- For the People dating website for the blind
A free social networking site. Users need a microphone and a sound card to interact on this website. Users create a screen name and password upon registration. Personal identities are not shared unless site members choose to offer the information with other users. Graphic language is not permitted on this dating site.
A free dating site that is not just for the blind but for everyone - and works well using the JAWS screen reader software.
- Dates Near You
Local Dating Services for Women and Men - By joining a local dating service, rather than an online dating site that lists worldwide members, you have a far better chance of finding a compatible male or female close to home - rather than finding your ideal mate happens to live on the other side of the world!
Quick Facts: Disabled Dating
- Disability stereotypes add to the difficulty and stigma experienced by people with disabilities.
- According to one survey, up to 50% of adults with disabilities are not in any sexual relationship at all.
- Having a disability may sometimes create an emotional or psychological burden for the person with the disability. They may feel inhibition about pursuing relationships, fearing rejection on the basis that they have a disability.
- Attraction to disability or devoteeism is a sexualised interest in the appearance, sensation and experience of disability.
- The experiences of people with disabilities has shown that the basic human need to form close relationships is as relevant for PWD as it is for humans without a disability.
Latest Disabled Dating Publications
- A Shoulder to Cry On - Empathy, Thinking & Feelings
Researchers studying empathy in relationships find in the absence of caring, understanding alone does not cut it when stressful situations arise.
- Why Lonely Teens Stay Lonely
Findings show adolescents with history of chronic loneliness seem to respond to social situations in ways that may perpetuate their loneliness.
- Online Dating Profile Background Checks
Investigators answer questions and use information from courts system to compile accurate, comprehensive character background checks.
- Dating and Disabilities: Love and Relationships Story Series
Love, Dating, Relationships and Disabilities series from Easter Seals features new panel of experts.
- People Living with Paralysis Share Experiences with Online Dating
People living with paralysis have many options for meeting people online such as Match.com, eHarmony, OkCupid, Dating4Disabled and eDateAbility.
- How Disability and Illness Affects Risk of Divorce
Study finds risk of divorce among older married couples rises when the wife but not the husband becomes seriously ill.
- Special Bridge Dating Site for Adults with Special Needs
Special Bridge is a dating site for people with special needs to find people with similar disabilities and developmental delays for friendship.
- MiFinder Social Networking App for Disabled and Diverse Communities
MiFinder an iPhone App for diverse communities such as the disabled to find each other, make friends, date and gain social support in real time using local area GPS.
Full List of Disabled Dating Documents (34 Items)