Disabled Dating: List and Reviews of Disability Dating Sites
Disabled World: Revised/Updated: 2019/01/13
Synopsis: Disabled dating websites and disability personals reviews including online dating tips and advice for those with disabilities seeking friendship love and romance.
In addition to disability dating tips and advice articles, the Disabled Dating World section includes information and reviews of websites providing services for persons with a disability seeking friendship, love, and romance through online disabled personals.
Dating is defined as a part of human mating process whereby two people meet socially for companionship, beyond the level of friendship, or with the aim of each assessing the other's suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or marriage. It can be a form of courtship consisting of social activities done by the couple. While the term has several meanings, it usually refers to the act of meeting and engaging in some mutually agreed upon social activity in public, together, as a couple.
Online Disability Dating Sites
Silhouette of a male and female couple in love sharing a kiss at sunset on the beach - Photo by Jeremy Bishop on Unsplash.
Today, dating for people with a disability has become a lot easier with the majority of people having access to the internet. Those who are disabled now find there are many opportunities online for meeting new people and forming friendships and relationships.
Dating sites for the disabled often act as social networking sites and online communities for many people with disabilities. Moreover, they aren't only for people who are disabled, but for anyone who might be interested in dating someone who is.
A search of the Internet shows there is a range of dating sites for disabled singles, ranging from general disabilities, to specific disabled dating websites catering for amputees, the deaf, wheelchair dating, and many other disability dating niches.
Example of Disabled Dating Websites
- Blind singles
Dating sites designed for the visually impaired where you can find friends, make dates or simply look up information regarding persons with disabilities.
- For the People dating website for the blind
A free social networking site. Users need a microphone and a sound card to interact on this website. Users create a screen name and password upon registration. Personal identities are not shared unless site members choose to offer the information with other users. Graphic language is not permitted on this dating site.
A free dating site that is not just for the blind but for everyone - and works well using the JAWS screen reader software.
- Dates Near You
Local Dating Services for Women and Men - By joining a local dating service, rather than an online dating site that lists worldwide members, you have a far better chance of finding a compatible male or female close to home - rather than finding your ideal mate happens to live on the other side of the world!
- Local Online Dating for Seniors
Senior Friendfinder provides a free dating service for seniors, and disabled members of society where the elderly, and persons with disabilities, can pursue pen-pals and friendships at their own leisure. This is one of the best sites of its kind for elderly persons and baby boomers looking for companionship, love, and romance.
Quick Disabled Dating Facts and Statistics
- Disability stereotypes add to the difficulty and stigma experienced by people with disabilities.
- According to one survey, up to 50% of adults with disabilities are not in any sexual relationship at all.
- Having a disability may sometimes create an emotional or psychological burden for the person with the disability. They may feel inhibition about pursuing relationships, fearing rejection on the basis that they have a disability.
- Attraction to disability or devoteeism is a sexualised interest in the appearance, sensation and experience of disability.
- The experiences of people with disabilities has shown that the basic human need to form close relationships is as relevant for PWD as it is for humans without a disability.
Associated Sub-Topics and Pertinent Documents
Suggested Related Articles
- 1 - Living Apart Together - Intimate Relationship Without Shared Residence | University of Missouri-Columbia | 2017/02/09
- 2 - Morris Pinsky Simcha Program Helps Match-Up People with Disabilities | Life; Fully Engaged | 2017/01/12
- 3 - A Shoulder to Cry On - Empathy, Thinking & Feelings | University of California - Santa Barbara | 2016/03/08
- 4 - Why Lonely Teens Stay Lonely | Duke University | 2015/12/19