How to Flirt with a Female or Male
Author: Andrea Marie
Published: 2009-02-13 : (Rev. 2009-09-28)
Synopsis and Key Points:
It is hard enough to flirt with someone you are interested in offline how on earth do you flirt when you are dating online.
Main DigestIt's hard enough to flirt with someone you're interested in offline; how on earth do you flirt when you're dating online? Just as you wouldn't want to talk too much in the real world, you don't want to type too much either. When e-mailing or messaging a love interest, keep your sentences short, witty, and light-hearted.
It's hard enough to flirt with someone you're interested in offline; how on earth do you flirt when you're dating online
It's not nearly as natural an act. What turns a disabled woman or a disabled man off and on when it comes to communicating on the Internet? If you're looking for disabled dating, love, and maybe more, here are some tips that will increase your chances at all of the above.
1. Be complimentary
In case you didn't know, it's always a good idea to tell your love interest your interested in them. If you're using dating sites, this is already clear, so there's no reason to beat around the bush. Don't worry - your compliments, as long as you don't go overboard with them, will be well-received.
2. Less is more
Just as you wouldn't want to talk too much in the real world, you don't want to type too much either. When e-mailing or messaging a love interest, keep your sentences short, witty, and light-hearted.
3. Spell check
There is never an excuse for misspelling words or using incorrect grammar; there are tools at your service to prevent this from happening. Nothing is more unattractive than someone who lacks a brain so don't spoil your chances at finding the love of your life because you were too lazy to proofread.
4. Avoid the acronyms and the smiley faces
An "LOL" here and there is probably okay, but it's best if you use the same words you'd use in normal conversation on messenger services and e-mails. When asked a question, answer fully, and respond to your potential mate in interesting ways, not in extremely brief, unoriginal ways that consist of emoticons. When you use smiley faces and common phrases like "haha" sparingly, they will mean more.
5. Sense of humor is important on and offline
All of the qualities men and women look for in a significant other are still there when you're dating online. So if you're funny, use your humor to seduce mates! The Internet gives you time to craft what you say, so be thoughtful. The more charming and humorous you are, the better.
6. What's in a screen name? A lot.
People looking through those online personals will notice not only your photo, but your screen name. And that will probably be one of the most influential factors in whether or not they become interested in you. Whether they realize it or not, your screen name has an effect on how they view you. Keep your screen name simple and creative and perhaps even mysterious... don't make it sexually suggestive.
7. Be careful of what you say
The problem with online communication is it can lead to enough misunderstandings to make up the plots to twenty funny sitcoms. Except in real life, it's not so funny! Make sure that your tone is easy to determine and don't say anything that could have more than one meaning. Remember, your interest can't see your body language or facial expressions. Remember this as you read messages, as well. You may take something the wrong way.
8. Flirt offline as soon as possible
When you've decided you're really interested in somebody, there's no reason to keep the relationship in the dark - i.e. on the Internet. No matter how much you think you know them, you'll only foster idealistic fantasies and develop unrealistic expectations if you keep your interaction on the web and refuse to take it into the daylight.
- 1 - Tips for Your First Date with a Girl : Disabled World (2009/02/12)
- 2 - Dating Tips For Seniors and Baby Boomers : Disabled World (2009/02/17)
- 3 - Relationships and Fidelity Issues : Thomas C. Weiss (2018/08/20)
- 4 - Difference Between How Women and Men Choose Partners : Concordia University (2014/05/01)
- 5 - Learn How To Kiss Properly : A Womans View (2008/11/08)
- 6 - How to Flirt with a Female or Male : Andrea Marie (2009/02/13)
- 7 - How to Stop Being Nervous on a First Date : Disabled World (2009/02/12)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.