Dating Advice for Women
- Publish Date: 2009/02/12 - (Rev. 2009/02/16)
- Author: Disabled World
Outline: It can be difficult to be a woman in the dating scene and a lot can go wrong for you more so than for your male counterpart.
Main DigestIt can be difficult to be a woman in the dating scene. A lot can go wrong for you more so than for your male counterpart. Plus, men can be really ignorant about a few things. But, don't worry. Here are a few tips on what to do and not to do during a date...
It can be difficult to be a woman in the dating scene. A lot can go wrong for you more so than for your male counterpart. Plus, men can be really ignorant about a few things. But, don't worry. Here are a few tips on what to do and not to do during a date:
1) Be nice -be positive , tell him things that you like,Compliment him about his clothes, the way he looks and how well the date is going. It puts him at ease and also makes him feel important. It also shows him that you're noticing him and you appreciate him. But, be truthful. Look at the bright side of things - the service of the restaurant may have been slow but the ambiance was terrific.
2) Timing is important - be punctual. No matter what they say, there is no such thing as 'fashionably late'. For the first date, this can give the guy jitters and make him think that you've stood him up. For the later dates, having him wait for you in the living room for half an hour is not something you want him to do - whether it be for the embarrassing stories or dad's 'eyes of doom'.
3) Do not complain - This doesn't mean that you shouldn't tell him what's wrong or something makes you uncomfortable. The way you say it and the tone you use is important here. 'Venting', like we do with our girl friends, is not going to go over well with him since he'll probably misinterpret it. Smile and bear it then tell him after the date calmly what your problem was. Trust me, he'll understand and he'll try to make it up to you.
4) Stay alert and keep your head - Yes, we all know dates are supposed to be fun, but knowing what's going on is important both for your own safety and for your love life. Is your date acting suspiciously or is he just nervous? Maybe you'd want to keep the date short or do something to put him at ease. Is he taking notice of what you're wearing or just ogling? The choice to either wink at him or just stare knowingly is up to you. Is his attention on you or the woman at the next table? You might wish to reward him with a smile or a slap. Situational awareness is not just for soldiers on the front but also for young women on the prowl.
5) Be consistent - For those who've crossed the 'first date' Rubicon, try maintaining the impression you made on him during the first date. Men don't like surprises except, of course, if they plan them. Talk to each other, both on and off dates, to get to know each other more. What he got on the first date was a sneak preview, what he should get from your continued dating should be the entire movie.
6)Have fun - A date is a chance to get to know each other and to enjoy yourselves. Have fun during the date. Try not to be hyper-critical, but just take things at your own pace. If you're not having fun, your date will notice and, trust me, he will get nervous which will probably start ruining the experience for both of you. Also, just let your guard down for a little while. Let him see the real you. He may or may not like it, but in the end he will appreciate the honesty of the act. Besides, if he doesn't like you for you, why should you keep on dating
7) Show interest afterwards - If you really like him, waiting for the call after a successful date is nerve-wracking. You know he's interested and you're definitely interested, you're just waiting for him to call you so you could arrange another date. Try giving him a day or two. He usually has to get his act together and work up the courage to call. If he doesn't call, he's probably still tongue-tied from being in your presence. Call him up to say hello. Talk about the date and how you had fun and give hints. No matter how dense he is, he should then pick up on it and ask you for another date!
Well, there they are, seven tips for dating success! Hopefully, this advice could help lead you through today's tough tangle of relationships. Happy Dating! Local Dating Services for Women and Men