Dating Sites for the Blind
- Publish Date: 2009/02/18 - (Rev. 2018/10/27)
- Author: Disabled World
- Contact : www.disabled-world.com
Outline: Online dating sites and information for the vision impaired and people who are blind and seeking partners.
My intentions were to do a review of online dating websites for blind and visually impaired persons, however a search for such sites revealed there are none, or none that I could find...
OK, If Disabled World, or another website, was to create a dating service for the blind what requirements would be needed?
You can add to this list by contacting us, and if your idea(s) is good, we'll post it to this page in order to create a list of criterias a dating website for the blind wouldneed to be fully accessible.
Criteria to Develop Dating Site for Blind and Vision Impaired
Young shy woman hiding her face behind two containers of strawberries and cherries.
Ideas put forth so far include:
The site would need to be mainly text only - with pictures kept to a minimum.
Profile pictures could still be posted so that a sighted person could describe how a person looked to someone with a vision impairment.
More descriptive fields would need to be added for items such as;
- Hair and eye color
- Clean shaven or bearded
- Body build etc.
This would give a member a better idea of a person for those that can not see a profile photo.
Any anti-spam captcha's would need to be able to "speak" the captcha letters or numbers.
The website would need to be designed to be readable by a large number of different screen readers.
If we get enough interest from people we may create a dating area on the Disabled World web site for the blind and visually impaired.
- 1 - Disability Sexuality: Dating and Chat | Disabled World | 2010/06/17
- 2 - Dating Sites for the Blind | Disabled World | 2009/02/18
- 3 - Senior Friendfinder: Local Online Dating for Seniors | Disabled World | 2009/02/13
- 4 - Disability Website LoveByrd Dating Site for Disabled Closed | Disabled World | 2010/08/22
- 5 - Releasing Emotion Through Visualization | Dr Edward Steiner | 2009/02/16
- 6 - Living Apart Together - Intimate Relationship Without Shared Residence | University of Missouri-Columbia | 2017/02/09
- 7 - Morris Pinsky Simcha Program Helps Match-Up People with Disabilities | Life; Fully Engaged | 2017/01/12
- 8 - Disabled Searching for Partners Through Online Dating Sites | Disabled World | 2009/02/12
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media