Online Disabled Dating - Getting Down to Business
Published : 2009-09-27 - Updated : 2016-06-12
Author : Datebility.com
Synopsis: Information and advice on costs involved when joining online disabled dating websites for persons with disabilities.
Online dating is a great way to filter the general population down to just those that you are interested in. There are also tools and features that allow you to get to know your prospective date before actually meeting in person.
If I'm going to get into online dating for the first time, where do I go? Or, if I'm a veteran of online dating ("veteran" meaning I've had little success), how do I improve my chances of find that perfect soul mate that almost all dating sites and matching services promise
Remember that in the previous installment you've now made a decision as to how much of our resources (time, effort, emotion, and money) you want to invest in finding your life partner through an online dating service.
The table below provides some pricing guidance for some of the more popular online dating sites.
|Dating Site||Cost per Month|
|Disability Dating Club||$14.95|
|Plenty of Fish||Free|
Note: Datebility.com offers only Lifetime. One-Time . Membership $37.99
Once you've selected the site (or sites) you are interested in, decide what information you want to share. Consider carefully how you describe yourself and what you are looking for in a matches. Have some great pictures ready for upload. You'll want at least one "head shot" and a few showing you in action. Go ahead and show your entire body - it's going to be seen, eventually. Also, be thorough but succinct when describing yourself. Remember, you are selling a very valuable product but you have lots of competition. Be clear and concise.
Here are a few other tips to maximize your chances:
Complete your profile
- Be Honest
- Be clear about who you're looking for
- Consider creating a few standardized emails that you will send as your initial communications
- Upload a great pictures and a few others showing yourself in action
- Update and change your profile frequently
- Search and research
- Have a plan for assessing your potential date
- Make sure you know what you want to know before you move to the next step
- Start with email, then chat, then a phone call
- Do your homework and due-diligence
- Make your first meeting informal
And a few more tips to maximize your safety:
- Never give your real name, address, or telephone number to anyone until you are certain they are to be trusted
- Establish an email address just for online dating
- Never give financial information, credit card numbers, passwords, etc.
- Plan to meet your date for the first time in a public place
- It's a good idea to take a friend, or let a friend know, where you are meeting. You may even want them to call you during the date to make sure you are okay.
- Real relationships take time to develop. Be patient.
- And just like dating under any circumstances, look for the red flag. If you see it, don't be discouraged, go back to the site and start your search again.
Online dating is a great way to filter the general population down to just those that you are interested in. There are also tools and features that allow you to get to know your prospective date before actually meeting in person. That person is out there - now go and find them!
Disabled Dating - Online Dating Size and Scope
Disabled Dating - Online Dating Using Technology to your Advantage
You're reading Disabled World. See our homepage for informative disability news, reviews, sports, stories and how-tos. You can also connect with us on social media such as Twitter and Facebook or learn more about Disabled World on our about us page.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Cite Page: Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Datebility.com. Electronic Publication Date: 2009-09-27 - Revised: 2016-06-12. Title: Online Disabled Dating - Getting Down to Business, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/communication/disabled-dating/disabled-dating-costs.php>Online Disabled Dating - Getting Down to Business</a>. Retrieved 2021-06-18, from https://www.disabled-world.com/communication/disabled-dating/disabled-dating-costs.php - Reference: DW#244-2402.