Disabled Dating - Virtual Dating Website for Persons with a Disability
- Publish Date: 2009/09/24 - (Rev. 2016/06/12)
- Author: Datebility.com
Outline: Datebility.com a new virtual disabled dating website designed specifically for persons from the disability community.
Omnidate Virtual Dating Technology is a standard feature at www.Datebility.com a new disabled dating website designed specifically for persons from the disability community.
Virtual Dating helps online daters pre-screen for safety and compatibility
Most dating websites do a good job of making initial matches. But ultimately, it's you that has to make the call as to make an additional investment (emotional and sometimes financial) in getting to know the person better. As any veteran of online dating will tell you; the initial match is a good start, but you'll need to do your homework to make sure you remain safe as well as find the person you're seeking.
There are some basic common sense rules every online dater should follow:
- Never give your real name, address, or telephone number to anyone until you are certain they are to be trusted
- Establish an email address just for online dating
- Never give financial information, credit card numbers, passwords, etc.
- Make your first meeting in a public place.
- It's a good idea to take a friend
- Real relationships can take a while to develop .... Take your time
Now, there are some additional tools. One in particular will not only help you identify that devotee you want to avoid, but also help you to screen prospective daters for the qualities and compatibilities you are looking for. Omnidate Virtual Dating Technology is a standard feature at www.Datebility.com a new disabled dating website designed specifically for persons from the disability community.
Virtual dating is a fun way to get to know other singles in a safe online environment like a virtual cafe or a bar before meeting face-to-face. "Going out on a 'blind' date takes a lot of effort and it was always a frustration of mine when I'd get there and there were no sparks," said Datebility.com's founder Wayne Stillerman. "Virtual Dating is a great way to make sure the person you want to go out with is worth it. It was amazing to me the kind of connection that people were making using this Technology."
On a virtual date, users interact through 3D characters (avatars). As you chat, your character responds naturally to the typed text, providing a realistic dating experience. Type in LOL and your avatar actually laughs. Hit the smile button and your avatar smiles. You can even blow your date a kiss or reach over and touch the hand of your date's avatar.
Virtual dating is very easy to use: User controls resemble a typical IM chat and are very intuitive.
Virtual dating is a great way to find out whether you click with the person behind the profile before you rush off to meet them. Do you have similar interests and aspirations? Do you enjoy the same music? Do you make each other laugh? When you do meet in person, you will feel a sense of familiarity and will have a foundation to build on.
"Virtual dating forces people to react to what's happening around them, similar to a real date, and people can get to know each other in a more in-depth way." Prof. J. Frost, Boston University.
- 1 - Disability Sexuality: Dating and Chat | Disabled World | 2010/06/17
- 2 - Dating Sites for the Blind | Disabled World | 2009/02/18
- 3 - Senior Friendfinder: Local Online Dating for Seniors | Disabled World | 2009/02/13
- 4 - Disability Website LoveByrd Dating Site for Disabled Closed | Disabled World | 2010/08/22
- 5 - Releasing Emotion Through Visualization | Dr Edward Steiner | 2009/02/16
- 6 - Living Apart Together - Intimate Relationship Without Shared Residence | University of Missouri-Columbia | 2017/02/09
- 7 - Morris Pinsky Simcha Program Helps Match-Up People with Disabilities | Life; Fully Engaged | 2017/01/12
- 8 - Disabled Searching for Partners Through Online Dating Sites | Disabled World | 2009/02/12
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media