PhotoAbility: Disability Inclusive Photos and Images
Author: Pushliving(i) : Contact: +1 888-978-3082
Published: 2014-12-18 : (Rev. 2020-11-06)
Synopsis and Key Points:
The commercial stock image library specializes in positive and inclusive images of people with a disability in leisure, lifestyle and travel settings.
PhotoAbility Photo Collection depicts lives of models and everyday people who happen to have a disability.
People from all around the globe and all stages of life are depicted with varying disabilities ranging from high level quadriplegia to walking with the assistance of braces and forearm crutches.
PhotoAbility.net, a disability inclusive stock image gallery has curated its library of over 3500 stock images for its Best of 2014 Photo Collection depicting lives of models and everyday people who happen to have a disability. The hope is to encourage stock image buyers to include these types of inclusive imagery in their design, marketing and editorial projects.
2014 has seen some great new galleries, models and photographers added to the Photo-Ability library featuring some stunning locations and settings including:
- College life.
- Young romance.
- An afternoon in the forest with the dogs.
- The enchantment of a Christmas proposal.
- Professional medical and office environments.
- The joy of three young expectant mothers to be.
- A summers afternoon on Sebastian Beach Florida.
- An afternoon of track and field, sweat and determination at the gym.
...to name just a few images currently available.
People from all around the globe and all stages of life are depicted with varying disabilities ranging from high level quadriplegia to walking with the assistance of braces and forearm crutches. These images are sure to challenge the public's perceptions of the capabilities of individuals with disabilities. The images in the Photo Collection tell a different story that will educate and inspire. The images provide a great resource to allow advertisers to acknowledged and reflect the lives of people with disabilities in their campaigns.
Mother to be. Photographer: Tom Kershaw, Model: Bridget
PhotoAbility.net feels that powerful messages imparted through imagery will bring about important social change and increased access and rights. Its Stock Image Library represents over one billion persons with disabilities worldwide, whose spending power has a substantial impact on travel, leisure, employment and lifestyle economies all over the world. Yet, this demographic is rarely seen or acknowledged in advertising and editorial images. Why is a small, yet powerful and growing segment of society not being seen or represented as customers
This series is important, not only to increase the usage of positive imagery reflecting the real lives of those with disabilities, but also to encourage further inclusion. It will also help eliminate the fear and negative stereotyping that so often permeates all levels of society.
"The big picture goal of Inclusive imagery is about access," says Deborah Davis, Co-Founder of PhotoAbility. Deborah sustained a spinal cord injury at 18 resulting in incomplete quadriplegia. "While many of us live in communities that have chosen to remove structural barriers and accommodate our needs, that is simply not something we can take for granted. These rights have not been afforded to so many in our world who are waiting for equal access and freedom to live full and productive lives."
PhotoAbility was established in March 2012 by Deborah Davis and Bill Forrester, with the goal of providing high quality, unique, non-medically oriented imagery of persons with disabilities for purchase by the advertising, marketing and media sectors. The commercial stock image library specializes in positive and "Inclusive" images of people with a disability in leisure, lifestyle and travel settings.
For more information and to view PhotoAbility.net's positive, inclusive Stock Images, please visit www.PhotoAbility.net
(i)Source/Reference: Pushliving. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - Deaf, Deaf-Blind, Hard of Hearing Domestic Violence Survivors Hotline : Communication Service for the Deaf (2014/12/02)
- 2 - Down Syndrome Drummer Led Band REYNOLS Announces Minecxio Emanations 1993-2018 : Pica Disk - REYNOLS: Minecxio Emanations 1993-2018 (2019/02/01)
- 3 - Gona Rubian Ranesa: Reynols New Studio Album : Daphnia Press (2020/11/11)
- 4 - PhotoAbility: Disability Inclusive Photos and Images : Pushliving (2014/12/18)
- 5 - Phone Scams: What to Watch For : AARP Illinois (2015/01/06)
- 6 - Obama Phone: Free Cell Phone Truth or Myth : Disabled World (2012/12/03)
- 7 - Basic Personality Types of Human Behavior : Carlos III University of Madrid (2016/10/14)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.