Disability Podcasts: Disabilities Related Topics and Issues
Disabled World (disabled-world.com)
Revised/Updated: Friday, 28th February 2020
Synopsis and Key Points:
Disabled World list of podcasts on a range of disability topics including issues in society today, inclusion aspects, accessibility problems and other podcasting series.
Podcasts are similar to radio programs in form, but they exist as audio files that can be played at a listener's convenience, anytime or anywhere.
Once a podcast is downloaded to your computer, tablet, or mobile device, or subscribed to through RSS or iTunes, you can listen to it using your preferred media player.
What is a Podcast?
Podcasts are defined as; An episodic series of digital audio or video files which a user can download in order to listen to. It is often available for subscription, so that new episodes are automatically downloaded via web syndication to the user's own local computer, mobile application, or portable media player.
Podcasting has become a recognized medium for distributing audio content, whether for corporate or personal use. Podcasts are similar to radio programs in form, but they exist as audio files that can be played at a listener's convenience, anytime or anywhere.
Various forms of podcasting formats include:
- Video Podcast (vodcast) - Includes video clips.
- Oggcast - A podcast recorded and distributed exclusively in the Vorbis audio codec with the Ogg container format, and/or other similarly free codecs/formats.
- Podguide - An enhanced audio tour podcast featuring a single audio file where each chapter displays a location picture(s) and a number of things to look at during a certain stopover.
Once a podcast is downloaded to your computer, tablet, or mobile device, or subscribed to through RSS or iTunes, you can listen to it using your preferred media player. By subscribing to podcasts, you can often automatically receive new episodes as soon as when they are released online.
In this area of Disabled World we will be focusing only on podcasts related to disability, including inclusion and accessibility issues - and many other subtopics, as well as general medical and health topics.
Interested in Starting Your Own Disability Podcast(s)?
A black cordless set of Bluetooth headphones lays on top of an open MacBook Pro computer.
Podcast listenership continues to grow tremendously every year. You don't need to be a very technical person and it does not require a lot of money to start a your own podcast. To begin at the entry level to podcasting you can start with a microphone, headphones, recording and editing software. It is even possible to earn an income from podcasting, however that generally requires a decent size audience base in order to attract potential podcast advertisers and/or sponsorships.
If you find you enjoy podcasting the next step would be to invest in more "professional" equipment. As our intention is to list podcasts relating to disabilities and the disabled at this stage we won't go into the full details of creating your own podcast(s)as there are a number of websites that cover that topic and provide a lot more detailed information on beginning podcasting, for example; https://www.podcastinsights.com/start-a-podcast/ is a good web site to begin learning the art of podcasting.
If you know of podcasts pertaining to disability and health topics you think we should list please get in touch.
Subtopics and Associated Subjects
- 1 - Traipsin Global On Wheels Podcast and Platform : Disabled World (2020/09/18)
- 2 - The Disability Download Podcasts : Disabled World (2020/03/17)
- 3 - Life Beyond Visual Impairment Podcasts : Disabled World (2020/02/28)
- 4 - Unseen But Heard: State Solutions for Non-Visible Disabilities in the Workplace : OSUCHLUCK Productions (2019/02/21)
- 5 - All Inclusive: Podcast on Inclusion, Innovation and Social Justice : Ruderman Family Foundation (2019/02/11)
- 6 - New Perspective on Disability Employment Podcast : Disability Employment Awareness Month (2010/10/05)
- 7 - SpeakOn: Audio and Text Media Screen Readers : Disabled World (2009/09/26)
Disability Podcasts: Full Document List
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.