Please Don't Stare - Poem
Published: 2011-06-10 : (Rev. 2011-06-16)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Please Do not Stare - A Poem regarding disability submitted by ebb.
Main DigestPlease Don't Stare - A Poem regarding disability submitted by ebb.
Please Don't Stare
Please don't stare when you see me walking by
Prolonged looks and snidely remarks they only make me cry
I cant help being born a differently
My disfigurement is only a tiny part of me
But it can cause me sorrow and pain so many times
When people look at me like I've committed many crimes
Nobody is perfect and many faults cannot be seen
But mine is on show to everyone because of an undeveloped gene
Its OK to look at me and to yourself then wonder why
But please don,t stare and leer at me cos inside my heart does cry
By ebb .
- 1 - COVID-19... Leave The World Now! A Poem by Flora Aguasa : Flora Aguasa (2020/03/31)
- 2 - A Voice of a Forlorn Blind Woman : Flora Aguasa (2020/03/31)
- 3 - National Poetry Contest Winners - Disability in the Workplace : Fedcap (2010/04/19)
- 4 - Disability Poem by Nancy Hall : Nancy Hall (2018/11/14)
- 5 - Poems by Flora Aguasa : Flora Aguasa (2018/09/08)
- 6 - Poems: Cranky Old Man : Crabbit Old Woman : A Nurses Reply : Disabled World (2017/01/20)
- 7 - Did Elizabeth Barrett Browning Have Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis : Penn State (2011/12/20)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.