Please Don't Stare - Poem
Published : 2011-06-10 - Updated : 2011-06-16
Author : ebb
Synopsis* : Please Do not Stare - A Poem regarding disability submitted by ebb.
Main DigestPlease Don't Stare - A Poem regarding disability submitted by ebb.
Please Don't Stare
Please don't stare when you see me walking by
Prolonged looks and snidely remarks they only make me cry
I cant help being born a differently
My disfigurement is only a tiny part of me
But it can cause me sorrow and pain so many times
When people look at me like I've committed many crimes
Nobody is perfect and many faults cannot be seen
But mine is on show to everyone because of an undeveloped gene
Its OK to look at me and to yourself then wonder why
But please don,t stare and leer at me cos inside my heart does cry
By ebb .
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, disability sports events, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Related Poetry - Poems Documents
- 1 - A Voice of a Forlorn Blind Woman : A Voice of a Forlorn Blind Woman...October, Please, Leave Me Now and Never Come Back!!! A poem written by Flora Aguasa.
- 2 - COVID-19... Leave The World Now! A Poem by Flora Aguasa : A short poem written by Flora Aguasa, in regards to the current novel coronavirus global pandemic, titled COVID-19... Leave The World Now!.
- 3 - Disability Poem by Nancy Hall : This poem by Nancy Hall shows just how lonely some individuals with disabilities can get as they are often abandoned by those they love the most.
- 4 - Poems by Flora Aguasa : Five poems by Flora Aguasa that relate to being blind, disability, and faith.
- 5 - The Cost of Freedom & I Served My Country by Teresa Gail Carver Godin : The Cost of Freedom and I Served My Country are poems written by Teresa Gail Carver Godin, a 20 year, 100% disabled, Air Force veteran.
*Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: ebb. Electronic Publication Date: 2011-06-10 - Revised: 2011-06-16. Title: Please Don't Stare - Poem, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/communication/poetry/stare.php>Please Don't Stare - Poem</a>. Retrieved 2021-05-09, from https://www.disabled-world.com/communication/poetry/stare.php - Reference: DW#325-7992.