Mobile Phone-Donation Program for Seniors
Synopsis and Key Points:
Just5 partnership with ONEgeneration intergenerational care center serves seniors children and their families to implement a mobile phone donation program for residents.
Main DigestONEgeneration and Just5 Announce Mobile Phone-Donation Program for Seniors.
Just5, a global provider of mobile devices designed for ease of use, reliability and emergency response, today announced a partnership with ONEgeneration, an intergenerational care center that serves seniors, children and their families, to implement a mobile phone donation program for its residents. During an on-site event at ONEgeneration's Reseda, California location today, Just5 will provide 20 senior residents with one of its mobile phones with 100 free minutes, as part of the company's ongoing corporate social responsibility initiatives.
Designed to meet the needs of today's seniors with easy-to-use features, Just5 phones offer five key features including texting capabilities, large buttons and a "talking keypad" for simplified dialing, a high-volume speaker for amplified sound, a long-lasting battery for reliability, and an emergency SOS button that automatically texts and calls for help. The donation program primarily will focus on the senior residents at the facility. However, with ONEgeneration's program that co-mingles seniors and children, the donation event may include children, too.
"ONEgeneration is exceptionally unique in the way it combines seniors with children to create specific programs and activities to aid in the development of both generations," said Alex Petrov, vice president of operations for Just5 Americas. "Just5 is partnering with ONEgeneration to create a phone-donation program and provide mobile devices that the residents, both young and old, can truly benefit from."
At ONEgeneration, there is a unique mutual reciprocity and respect that is built from seniors tutoring younger children and the recollection of youth that seniors recall when interacting with the children by playing games, singing songs and doing other relationship-building projects. According to Petrov, the donation event is an ideal situation to involve both generations simultaneously.
"Our seniors need the type of ease of use and emergency response that the Just5 phones provide," said Cathy Carpenter, ONEgeneration. "We look forward to working with Just5 to put on the distribution event and to ease the lives of our seniors with this innovative mobile device."
About ONEgeneration -Founded in 1978, ONEgeneration began as a modest and focused storefront senior center initiated, operated, and directed by visionary volunteers. As demographics changed and senior life-spans increased, ONEgeneration expanded and evolved to meet the continuum of our seniors' needs at dynamic senior enrichment centers, day health care center, and in their own homes. A dramatic shift in our mission took place in 1994, when we added a child care program. This highlighted our commitment to intergenerational (adult daycare and childcare in a shared setting) services and programs that intertwine human needs for both giving and receiving in meaningful, daily contact. This philosophy has become our guiding value, as well as what is unique and most highly celebrated at ONEgeneration.
About Just5 -Just5 is a global provider of mobile phones that are designed for optimal ease of use, reliability and emergency response, offering basic features that are ideal for seniors, people with poor eyesight or hearing problems, people with medical conditions that require constant care and children who need a "starter phone." Features include large buttons, a high-volume speaker for amplified sound, a long-lasting battery for reliability, and an emergency SOS button. Just5's unlocked GSM 850/1900 band phones enable users to connect with any U.S. or Canadian GSM service provider. For more information, visit www.just5.com.
All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
- 1 - Basic Personality Types of Human Behavior : Carlos III University of Madrid (2016/10/14)
- 2 - Scott Robertson - H.O.W. (Hell On Wheels) - Signs Agreement with Mirror Image Entertainment Inc. : Da Godfather of Crunk (2020/05/22)
- 3 - Lifeline Discounted Monthly Phone Service : Thomas C. Weiss (2013/11/10)
- 4 - Ham Radio Station Connects Retirement Community to World : Guide to Retirement Living Source-Book (2011/09/13)
- 5 - Conductology: Irish Breakthrough Brings Hope to Kids with Disabilities : University of Conductology (2020/03/23)
- 6 - I Can't See You - Can You See Me? : Daniel Williams (2020/02/22)
- 7 - List of Texting Shortcuts for FaceBook - SMS - Chat Rooms : Disabled World (2009/02/02)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.