T-Mobile Merger Support Growing
Author: AT&T Inc.
Strong support came from groups including AFL-CIO and the CWA the NAACP and LULAC and those representing rural interests the high-tech community and people with disabilities.
Main DigestSupport for T-Mobile Merger Strong, Growing - Broad Array of Groups, Elected Officials Tout Benefits of Transaction.
This week, several community, civic, minority and labor organizations urged the Federal Communications Commission to approve AT&T's merger with T-Mobile USA.
Strong support came from groups ranging from the AFL-CIO and the CWA, the NAACP and LULAC, and those representing rural interests, the high-tech community and people with disabilities. In addition, the governors of 15 states from across the country also filed in support of the transaction, representing more than 90 million Americans.
These groups and elected officials understand the extraordinary benefits of bringing high-speed wireless broadband to more than 97% of the U.S. population, or an additional 55 million more people.
From the most populated areas to large stretches of rural America, consumers will have access to new and innovative technologies and will benefit from increased network capacity and improved service. This will have a direct, and hugely positive, impact on local economies, education and the daily lives of millions of people who might otherwise have not been part of the next generation broadband world.
The T-Mobile merger is a private-capital solution that addresses an important public-policy goal set by President Obama: expanding mobile broadband to more Americans.
With the merger, AT&T (NYSE: T) has committed to more than $8 billion in incremental investment to integrate and upgrade the existing AT&T and T-Mobile wireless networks and to fund the construction of the expanded LTE build out enabled by this transaction.
The majority of this incremental investment will occur within 3 years after the transaction closes.
More and more groups are recognizing the clear economic, technological and public policy benefits of this transaction.
This outpouring of support from respected organizations and elected officials is massive, unprecedented and growing.
- 1 - Lifeline Discounted Monthly Phone Service : Thomas C. Weiss (2013/11/10)
- 2 - Scott Robertson - H.O.W. (Hell On Wheels) - Signs Agreement with Mirror Image Entertainment Inc. : Da Godfather of Crunk (2020/05/22)
- 3 - Ham Radio Station Connects Retirement Community to World : Guide to Retirement Living Source-Book (2011/09/13)
- 4 - Conductology: Irish Breakthrough Brings Hope to Kids with Disabilities : University of Conductology (2020/03/23)
- 5 - I Can't See You - Can You See Me? : Daniel Williams (2020/02/22)
- 6 - List of Texting Shortcuts for FaceBook - SMS - Chat Rooms : Disabled World (2009/02/02)
- 7 - Cheap Internet for Disabled, Seniors and Low-Income Americans : Disabled World (2018/10/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.