Doro Mobile Phone Makes Life Easier for Seniors
Synopsis and Key Points:
Doro is a smart easy-to-use and stylish mobile phone created for active seniors.
Main DigestDoro® Makes Life A Little Easier For Canada's Active Seniors - Swedish firm launches Doro PhoneEasy® 410gsm, first mobile phone in Canada for seniors, exclusively with Rogers.
Doro®, the innovative award-winning Swedish telecom company devoted to creating smart, easy-to-use, and stylish mobile phones for active seniors, announced today the launch of the Doro PhoneEasy® 410gsm available exclusively from Rogers Communications Inc.
The new Doro PhoneEasy® 410gsm is an ergonomically designed handset optimized with a number of senior-friendly features. From its ergonomic flip phone design - making it easier to answer and hang up, as well as reducing key lock issues - to the large buttons for easier dialing and texting, the award-winning phone is exactly the simple mobile phone that many people want and need.
Other features on the Doro® 410gsm handset include: a large easy-to-read color display; an FM radio with headphone jack; a loud and clear (+35dB) vibrating ringer; a wake-up alarm; and an emergency function that automatically calls and sends an SMS alarm to preset numbers at the push of a single button. It is also hearing aid compatible (T3/M4).
"A mobile phone can make a big change in a senior's life," says Jeome Arnaud, President and CEO of Doro. "It creates an instant connection to everyone in your life - either through phone or SMS - and allows you to feel that much more secure about maintaining the lifestyle you want."
The Doro® 410gsm, one of Doro's most successful mobile phones, was rated the best phone for seniors by the independent German testing institute Stiftung Warentest (March 2010) as well in comparative tests by Dagens Nyheter in Sweden, and ranked best-in-test by Computer Bild. Doro has also received the coveted Red Dot Design Award, an international product design prize awarded by the Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen in Essen, Germany.
Doro is no stranger to meeting the needs of this niche market. The global leader in making handsets and other lifestyle items for the growing seniors market has been working in the telecom business since 1974. After dominating the Swedish market with its modern ergonomic designs, it has gone on to sell its products in 30 countries on five continents.
Adding to a long history of firsts, Rogers has created the Essential Connect package pairing the Doro PhoneEasy with innovative and affordable price plans to help keep mature Canadians connected to what matters most to them anywhere, anytime. The voice-only plans start at $15 per month (plus Government Regulatory Recovery Fee) for 100 voice minutes and are designed specifically for the Doro PhoneEasy, available exclusively to Rogers customers in Canada for $24.99 with a two-year term plan or $99.99 with no-term plan. Additional information can be found online at www.rogers.com/doro.
About Doro - Doro is a Swedish company focusing on the development, marketing and sales of telecom products specially adapted to the growing worldwide population of seniors. With over 35years of experience in telecommunications, and sales in more than 30 countries on 5 continents, Doro is the world's leading brand for easy-to-use mobile phones. Doro created the Care Electronics category and in recent years our products have received several highly distinguished international design awards. The company had sales of SEK 363 million in 2008. Doro's shares are quoted on the OMX Nordic Exchange Stockholm, Nordic list, Small companies. For further information, please visit www.doro.com
- 1 - Accessibility Features in Android 2.0 Platform : Thomas C. Weiss (2010/01/17)
- 2 - Fring Free Cell Phone Calls and Live Chat : Disabled World (2009/02/02)
- 3 - Chat Rooms on Cell Phones : Disabled World (2009/02/02)
- 4 - Video Chat Increases Self-Confidence, Mood, and Overcoming Shyness : Chatki (2017/10/25)
- 5 - How to Setup VOIP Phones at Home : Jon Arnold (2009/02/05)
- 6 - PC to Phone VoIP Calls using Dial-Up Internet : Nathan Smith (2009/02/05)
- 7 - Big Button CL8400 Mobile Phone with Extra Loud Ring : Geemarc Telecom (2011/08/25)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.