Glossary: Definitions of Disability, Health and Medical Terms Document List
Updated/Revised Date : 2019-11-18
Author : Disabled World - Contact: (www.disabled-world.com)
Although some of these documents from our Definitions category may have since been updated, re-written, replaced, or revised, they are sorted below by their original publish date. The most recent publications are listed at the top of the table with older articles being listed in descending order by the date they were created*.
You can also receive our latest related publications by subscribing to our Definitions RSS feed.
List of Definitions Publications:
- 1 - Human Diseases and Disorders Acronyms : Disabled World (2020/06/06)
- 2 - Diversability - What Does the Word Mean? : Disabled World (2019/03/23)
- 3 - List of Healthcare and Medical Acronyms/Abbreviations : Disabled World (2019/03/21)
- 4 - Definitions of Human Brain Components : Disabled World (2017/12/21)
- 5 - Common Vocabulary Terms That May Seem The Same But Are Different : Frontiers (2017/09/11)
- 6 - Definitions and Glossary of Adaptive and Assistive Technology Terms : Disabled World (2016/09/24)
- 7 - Disability Pride: Definition and Awareness Information : Disabled World (2015/07/03)
- 8 - List of Neurological Disorders and Their Descriptions : Disabled World (2015/04/08)
- 9 - Bioethics: Basic Definition and Bioethic Principles : Disabled World (2015/02/16)
- 10 - Definitions of Telemedicine Fields : Disabled World (2015/01/23)
- 11 - Post-2015 Development Agenda - Brief Outline and Definition : Disabled World (2014/09/23)
- 12 - Sheltered Workshops: History and Definition : Thomas C. Weiss (2014/02/18)
- 13 - Social Security Disability Terms : Law Offices of Kenneth Hiller (2013/06/06)
- 14 - ADA Accessibility Terms and Definitions : Access-Board.gov (2013/06/05)
- 15 - Hospital Departments List and Section Definitions : Disabled World (2013/03/06)
- 16 - Hemiplegia Definition and Information : Disabled World (2012/01/24)
- 17 - What is Disability Adjusted Life Year (DALY) : Assorted References (2011/11/07)
- 18 - Disability or Disabled? Which Term is Right? : Disabled World (2011/09/01)
- 19 - What is Paraplegia: Paraplegic Facts and Definition : Disabled World (2010/10/09)
- 20 - What is Quadriplegia: Quadriplegic Facts and Definition : Disabled World (2010/09/26)
- 21 - Models of Disability: Types and Definitions : Disabled World (2010/09/10)
- 22 - AAIDD Definition of Intellectual Disability - SSA Medical Criteria for Evaluating Mental Disorders : American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (2010/09/07)
- 23 - Stairlift Glossary of Terms : Unicorn Stairlifts (2010/06/30)
- 24 - Definitions of Disability : Disabled World (2009/12/23)
- 25 - Definition of Back Pain Terms : Lawrence Gold (2009/09/05)
- 26 - Definition of Online Copyright Materials : Disabled World (2009/05/01)
- 27 - Dental Definitions: Glossary of Dental Terms : Disabled World (2009/03/17)
- 28 - Prostate Glossary of Definitions : Barry White (2009/02/18)
- 29 - Glossary of US Veteran Affairs Definitions : Barry White (2009/02/17)
- 30 - Environmental Health Glossary : Barry White (2009/02/17)
- 31 - Defining Disability Today : Kaduwanema John (2009/01/15)
- 32 - Definition of the ADA : Joseph Devine (2009/01/14)
- 33 - Definition of Sensory Integration : April Merrilee, MA, OTR (2009/01/13)
- 34 - Definitions and Pronunciation of Medical Terminology : Disabled World (2009/01/11)
- 35 - List of Phobias and Fears Including Their Meaning : Disabled World (2009/01/11)
- 36 - Glossary of Gerontology Terms and Definitions : Disabled World (2009/01/11)
- 37 - Special Education Acronyms and Their Meanings : Disabled World (2008/12/31)
- 38 - List of Types of Cancer and Tumors in Humans : Disabled World (2008/12/30)
- 39 - Caregiver Glossary of Terms : Disabled World (2008/12/10)
In Other Disability News
- 1 - Ending Unfair Offset of Military Retiree Pay and Disability Benefits for Veterans : Introducing bipartisan legislation to end unfair offset of retirement pay and disability benefits for military retirees.
- 2 - Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Applies to COVID-19 Related Services : Eastern District of Virginia (EDVA) reminds community partners that the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) applies to COVID-19 related services.
- 3 - Anaesthesia Web Helps Children and Parents Prepare for Hospitalization : On Anaesthesia Web children of all ages and cognitive levels learn about the body, what it is like being in hospital and what happens before, during and after anaesthesia and surgery.
- 4 - Viruses: Variant, Mutant and Strain Differences : Article examines and describes the difference(s) between variants, mutants and strains when examining and discussing viruses.
- 5 - Wait Times for Canadian Patients Cost Over $2B in Lost Wages Before COVID-19 : Fraser Institute study reveals long waits for medical treatment and surgery cost Canadians almost $2.8 billion in lost wages and productivity in 2020.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
*Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Disabled World. Revised Publication Date: 2019-11-18. Title: Glossary: Definitions of Disability, Health and Medical Terms, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/definitions-2/>Definitions</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-18, from https://www.disabled-world.com/definitions-2/ - Reference: DW#CAT2-66-E.