List of Currently Incurable Diseases
Author: Disabled World : Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Synopsis and Key Points:
Listing of diseases considered to be incurable including disorders of both infectious and non-infectious, neoplastic, autoimmune, genetic, or metabolic that have no known current cure.
Although many incurable diseases are often terminal, there are also many incurable conditions that that a person can live with all their life.
Eradication of a disease is considered permanent and global, elimination of a disease is an achievement restricted to a specific geographic location.
Our incomplete list of incurable diseases also include rare diseases which are often genetic in nature. Incurable diseases are considered to be disorders of both infectious and non-infectious, neoplastic, autoimmune, genetic, or metabolic in nature that have no known current cure.
Terminal illnesses include conditions such as late stage cancer, AIDS and some forms of heart disease. Although many incurable diseases are often terminal, there are also many incurable conditions that that a person can live with all their life.
Medical conditions such as diabetes, asthma, Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia, cannot be "cured," but they can be managed. In the past, medical treatment was all about treating the disease, but these days, many doctors have shifted their focus to the patient themselves, rather than just the disease.
The ultimate goal in the fight against diseases is their eradication.
In theory, many diseases could be eradicated, in practice, only a handful of diseases meet the criteria that make them eradicable with current knowledge, institutions, and technology.
The eradication of a disease is considered to be permanent and global, while the elimination of a disease is classified as an achievement restricted to a specific geographic location.
Illustration of hospital symbols, medicine, health care, disease, doctor and two nurses.
|List of Incurable Diseases|
|Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)|
|Cerebral amyloid angiopathy|
|Chronic Kidney Disease|
|Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor|
|Factor V Leiden|
|Fatal familial insomnia|
|Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder|
|Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva|
|Fluoroquinolone toxicity syndrome|
|Hearing loss (sensorineural)|
|Hereditary multiple exostoses|
|Interstitial cystitis or Bladder Pain Syndrome|
|Irritable bowel syndrome|
|Systemic lupus erythematosus|
|Pityriasis rubra pilaris|
|Polycystic Ovary Syndrome|
|Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome|
|Severe acute respiratory syndrome|
- 1 - Awareness Ribbons Chart: Color and Meaning of Awareness Ribbon Causes : Disabled World (2015/03/09)
- 2 - Awareness Dates: Days : Weeks : Months : Disabled World (2011/04/30)
- 3 - Social Security Compassionate Allowance Conditions List : Disabled World (2009/02/24)
- 4 - Rare Diseases List and Definitions : Disabled World (2020/06/09)
- 5 - List of Currently Incurable Diseases : Disabled World (2020/06/07)
- 6 - Human Diseases and Disorders Acronyms : Disabled World (2020/06/06)
- 7 - List of Skin Diseases and Conditions : Disabled World (2020/04/08)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.