What to do if Involved in a Car Accident
Author: The Law Offices of Michael Barszcz, M.D., J.D.
Synopsis and Key Points:
Information explaining what steps you should take if you are involved in a car accident.
Main DigestThe following suggestions should help you cope more easily after a car accident.
The most careful driver can also be involved in an unexpected and frightening car accident through no fault of their own. That is why everyone who gets behind the wheel of a motor vehicle should have a plan in the event they are involved in a collision. Chances are if you have a plan of action in mind you will be able to cope more easily with the aftermath of a car accident. How you react following a car accident may prevent further injuries and damages and reduce costs.
Rules to Follow After an Accident:
- Remain calm so you can think clearly
- Check everyone, including yourself, for injuries
- Call 911 and police
- Try to ascertain if you are in danger of a secondary collision from oncoming traffic
- Do not leave the scene of the accident
- Do not make any admissions of fault
- Try to obtain all pertinent information from the other driver and any witnesses
- Photograph and document the accident
- Notify your insurance company
- Contact a motor vehicle accident attorney
The possibility you will be involved in a car accident at some point in your life is very likely, either as the driver, passenger, or pedestrian, so it makes sense to be prepared. Car accidents exact a tremendous toll on all involved either physically, emotionally or financially. Car accidents happen when you least expect them and can leave even the most level-headed people stunned and shaken.
If You are Injured in a Car Accident:
When you or someone you care about is involved in a car accident the damage is not always limited to the car. You may have suffered serious physical injuries and may be eligible for financial compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disability or disfigurement
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
Please visit the website of experienced car accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Michael Barszcz, M.D., J.D. today (www.themdjd.com) if you were injured in a car accident in the Orlando, Florida area because you may be entitled to financial compensation for the injuries and damages you have suffered.
- 1 - New Jersey One Step Closer to Creating Emergency Notification System : Markowitz Gravelle LLP (2010/10/22)
- 2 - Accident Whiplash Injuries and Related Neck Pain : Disabled World (2010/10/12)
- 3 - Headphone Wearing Pedestrians Struck by Cars and Trains More Than Triple : UM School of Medicine (2012/01/17)
- 4 - Injuries from Childrens Toys : Nationwide Children's Hospital (2014/12/01)
- 5 - Health and Safety Issues Caused by Teens Distracted when Driving : Elsevier Health Sciences (2014/04/24)
- 6 - Whiplash Injury Information and How to Claim : Whiplash Injury Information (2010/10/12)
- 7 - Common Injuries in Serious Car Accidents : Burg, Simpson, Eldredge, Hersh & Jardine (2011/01/15)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.