Disability Awards: Achievements, Nominations, Winners
Updated/Revised Date: 2022-04-12
Author: Disabled World | Contact: Disabled World (Disabled-World.com)
Additional References: Disability Achievements and Awards Publications
Synopsis: Disability Awards celebrate and acknowledge achievements and contributions that individuals with and without a disability make to their community. Social Inclusion Awards for schools and community groups which have actively built in inclusion and full participation of people with disability alongside other students or members of community groups. Listed below are awards that recognize individuals and organizations whose work is directly related to disability, as well as individuals and community organizations that have chosen to include a disability focus in their wider role.
Disability Awards celebrate and acknowledge the achievements and contributions that individuals with a disability make to the community, as well as recognize individuals within the community who have contributed to the disability sector.
A disability award might include:
- A school that has gone out of its way to involve a child in a mainstream class.
- A local group that has adapted its project to include and involve a person with a disability.
- An individual who has gone the extra mile to encourage people with disabilities to get involved in their community.
- Someone employing a person with a learning disability in a real job, perhaps by adapting the job or workplace as needed.
The list of disability awards for groups, individuals, and companies is endless!
Examples of Disability Awards
- Awards for people who have advanced the rights of people with disability.
- Young Disability Challenge Awards for younger people who have advanced the rights of people with a disability.
- Business Awards for large and small businesses which have improved opportunities for people with a disability, such as greater inclusion, participation, and employment.
- Accessible Housing Award for property developers, builders, and others in the building sector that have developed innovative and accessible private dwellings for people with a disability.
- Local Government Award for councils which have implemented substantial changes to improve physical, social, economic and cultural access and inclusion for people with disability and their families.
- Social Inclusion Awards for schools and community groups which have actively built in inclusion and full participation of people with disability alongside other students or members of community groups.
Listed below are awards that recognize individuals and organizations whose work is directly related to disability, as well as individuals and community organizations that have chosen to include a disability focus in their wider role.
Subtopics and Associated Subjects
|Latest Disability Achievements and Awards Publications|
|Shabnam Rangwala from Mumbai Shortlisted for Prestigious Humanitarian Award|
Shabnam Rangwala from Mumbai has been shortlisted to win a coveted humanitarian honor at the Bond International Development Awards 2020, London, UK.
Author: Disabled World
Publish Date: 2020-03-18 - Updated: 2020-03-25
|2017 Cavinkare Ability Awards - Honouring Extraordinary Achievers with Disabilities|
15th CavinKare Ability Awards were held at Sri Mutha Venkatasubba Rao Auditorium, Chetpet, and Chennai to celebrate achievements and triumphs of persons with disabilities.
Author: CavinKarePvt. Ltd and Ability Foundation
Publish Date: 2017-02-20
|Lighthouse for the Blind-St. Louis Earns 2016 Employment Growth Award from National Industries for the Blind|
Lighthouse for the Blind St. Louis receives Employment Growth Award for their efforts to increase employment retention, growth and upward mobility for people who are blind.
Author: Lighthouse for the Blind-St. Louis
Publish Date: 2017-02-02
|Dentist Honored for Bringing Smiles to Those With Intellectual Disability|
For the past 20 years, Dr. Michael Milano of Apex has helped improve dental care and smiles for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
Author: Special Olympics North Carolina
Publish Date: 2016-11-22
Disabled World is an independent disability community founded in 2004 to provide disability news and information to people with disabilities, seniors, their family and/or carers. See our homepage for informative reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can connect with us on social media such as Twitter and Facebook or learn more about Disabled World on our about us page.
Disabled World provides general information only. The materials presented are never meant to substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Financial support is derived from advertisements or referral programs, where indicated. Any 3rd party offering or advertising does not constitute an endorsement.
• Cite This Page (APA): Disabled World. (2022, April 12). Disability Awards: Achievements, Nominations, Winners. Disabled World. Retrieved December 3, 2022 from www.disabled-world.com/disability/awards/
• Permalink: <a href="https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/awards/">Disability Awards: Achievements, Nominations, Winners</a>