Disability Awards: Information, Nominations, and Winners
Disabled World: Revised/Updated: 2018/11/11
Synopsis: Disability Awards celebrate and acknowledge achievements and contributions that individuals with and without a disability make to their community.
Disability Awards celebrate and acknowledge the achievements and contributions that individuals with a disability make to the community, as well as recognize individuals within the community who have contributed to the disability sector.
A disability award might include:
- A school that has gone out of its way to involve a child in a mainstream class
- A local group that has adapted its project to include and involve a person with a disability
- An individual that has gone the extra mile to encourage people with disabilities to get involved in their community.
- Someone employing a person with a learning disability in a real job, perhaps by adapting the job or workplace as needed
The list of disability awards for groups, individuals, and companies is endless!
Red and gold colored generic ribbon award
Examples of Disability Awards
- Awards for people who have advanced the rights of people with disability.
- Young Disability Challenge Awards for younger people who have advanced the rights of people with a disability.
- Business Awards for large and small businesses which have improved opportunities for people with a disability, such as greater inclusion, participation and employment.
- Accessible Housing Award for property developers, builders and others in the building sector that have developed innovative and accessible private dwellings for people with a disability.
- Local Government Award for councils which have implemented substantial changes to improve physical, social, economic and cultural access and inclusion for people with disability and their families.
- Social Inclusion Awards for schools and community groups which have actively built in inclusion and full participation of people with disability alongside other students or members of community groups.
Listed below are awards that recognize individuals and organizations whose work is directly related to disability, as well as individuals and community organizations that have chosen to include a disability focus in their wider role.
Associated Sub-Topics and Pertinent Documents
Suggested Related Articles
- 1 - 2017 Cavinkare Ability Awards - Honouring Extraordinary Achievers with Disabilities | CavinKarePvt. Ltd and Ability Foundation | 2017/02/20
- 2 - Lighthouse for the Blind-St. Louis Earns 2016 Employment Growth Award from National Industries for the Blind | Lighthouse for the Blind-St. Louis | 2017/02/02
- 3 - Dentist Honored for Bringing Smiles to Those With Intellectual Disability | Special Olympics North Carolina | 2016/11/22
- 4 - Australian Nursing Awards - Nominate Nurses for National Honors | HESTA Australian Nursing Awards | 2016/03/06