- List of awareness dates - List of US National or International awareness days weeks or months set by a major organization or government to commemorate a medical research or ethical cause of importance.
- List of awareness ribbon colors - List of awareness ribbon colors and associated causes regarding health and disability Includes printable awareness ribbon chart.
Quick Facts: Teaching Children Disability Etiquette
Disability education brings attitudes to the surface, where they can be examined consciously, rather than putting students together and hoping for the best. It's not surprising that, despite the best of intentions, students with disabilities who participate in inclusion programs may continue to feel left out.
Teaching Kids Disability Etiquette - Kimberly Carnevale - (2009-01-28)
Latest Awareness - Disability Publications
- My Sibling Doll - Disability Awareness Educational Dolls
Each doll comes with a booklet that has a story explaining what life is like with a brother or sister that lives with a disability from the perspective of a typical child.
- October 5th Is American Veterans Disabled for Life Awareness Day
October 5th declared American Veterans Disabled for Life awareness day to recognize men and women who return from war with life altering injuries.
- Heart Valve Disease Awareness Day
U.S. National Heart Valve Disease Awareness Day occurs annually on February 22.
- Antibiotic Awareness Week - The Battle Against Superbugs
Medical researchers at MRSN continue to detect, analyze and help physicians and hospitals eradicate drug-resistant bacteria before they spread.
- Halloween Teal Pumpkin Project for Food Allergy Awareness
Annual awareness campaign aims for teal pumpkins on every block in America in support of children with food allergies.
Full List of Awareness - Disability Documents (100 Items)
for low income singles, families, seniors and disabled. Programs include grants, home ownership, vehicle modification loans, personal loans and scholarships.