National Bullying Prevention Month - October
Author: PACER Center
Synopsis and Key Points:
October is National Bullying Prevention Month a project of PACER Center.
Main DigestOctober is National Bullying Prevention Month - Join the movement and unite against bullying!
October is National Bullying Prevention Month, a project of PACER Center. It's a time when communities nationwide can unite to raise awareness of bullying prevention by using resources at PACER.org/bullying.
"To make a significant impact on bullying, we need people across the country to take action and join the movement," said Julie Hertzog, director PACER's National Center for Bullying Prevention, which sponsors the event. "There are 160,000 children staying home from school each day for fear of bullying, but working together, we can make a difference."
Everyone can find a way to join the cause at PACER.org/bullying. Students, educators, families, and organizations can use the free, creative resources at the site to address bullying and help create a culture that no longer accepts bullying.
Nonprofits, schools, and community groups can show their support and share their efforts to prevent bullying by becoming a Partner or Champion of this cause. Organizations and a link to their website will be listed on PACER's site, along with a list of any activities or events they are planning in connection with the month. To become a Partner or Champion, contact julie.hertzog@PACER.org.
Teens can sign an online petition, tell their story at bullying411@PACER.org, start a bullying prevention committee at their school, or join the Teens-Against-Bullying Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube sites. They'll find videos, blogs, and a toolkit of things they can do to address bullying at PACERTeensAgainstBullying.org.
Elementary school students can take the "Kids Against Bullying" pledge and learn how to respond to bullying at PACERKidsAgainstBullying.org. The site features animated characters, celebrity videos, games and more.
Educators and parents can find free, creative classroom activities and resources for K-12 students at PACER.org/bullying.
PACER's National Center for Bullying Prevention educates communities nationwide to prevent bullying through creative and interactive resources.
Based in Minnesota, PACER Center is a national parent center serving all youth, with a special emphasis on children with disabilities. Learn more at PACER.org or call 952-838-9000; 888-248-0822 (national toll free).
- 1 - COVID-19 Awareness Ribbons : Coronavirus Ribbon Designs : Disabled World (2020/04/08)
- 2 - Rare Disease Day Awareness February 28 - 29th : National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) (2015/02/13)
- 3 - Awareness Dates: Days : Weeks : Months : Disabled World (2011/04/30)
- 4 - Awareness Ribbons Chart: Color and Meaning of Awareness Ribbon Causes : Disabled World (2015/03/09)
- 5 - Sunflower Lanyard Program for Hidden Disability Awareness : Disabled World (2019/11/09)
- 6 - Politically Correct Language of Disability : Disabled World (2009/01/28)
- 7 - World Autism Awareness Day with The Brain Broad : Tsara Shelton (2020/04/02)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.