Cancer Awareness Ribbons Color Chart
Author: Disabled World : Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2019-02-28 : (Rev. 2019-05-18)
Synopsis and Key Points:
List, table and printable chart outlining the colors of awareness ribbons that represent different types of cancer and their causes.
Cancer is defined as a group of diseases involving abnormal cell growth with the potential to invade or spread to other parts of the body. The majority of cancers are due to environmental risk factors, and many - but not all - of these environmental factors are controllable lifestyle choices.
Many cancers today can be prevented by not smoking, maintaining a healthy weight, not drinking too much alcohol, eating plenty of vegetables, fruits and whole grains, vaccination against certain infectious diseases, not eating too much processed and red meat and avoiding too much sunlight exposure.
Today's cancer research ranges from epidemiology, molecular bioscience to clinical trials to evaluate and compare applications of the various cancer treatments including; surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, immunotherapy and combined treatment modalities such as chemo-radiotherapy.
Cancer Awareness: Color Chart of Ribbon Colors for Cancers
|Awareness Ribbon Colors for Common Cancers|
|Ribbon Color(s)||Cancer Type|
|Black||Skin Cancer (or orange with a sun) - Melanoma|
|Blue||Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Rectal Cancer (Blue or Brown)|
|Emerald||Liver Cancer (Emerald or Jade Green)|
|Gray||Brain Cancer - Glioblastoma|
|Green||Bile Duct Cancer - Bone Marrow Transplant - Kidney Cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma) (Green or Orange)|
|Light Blue||Prostate Cancer - Lymphedema|
|Light Purple||Testicular Cancer|
|Lime Green||Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma|
|Orange||Leukemia - Kidney Cancer - Skin Cancer - (Orange with a sun, or black)|
|Peach||Uterine - Endometrial Cancer|
|Periwinkle||Gastric Cancer - Small Intestine Cancer - Stomach Cancer - Esophageal Cancer|
|Pink||Breast Cancer - Hot Pink for Inflammatory Breast Cancer - Teal and Pink for Hereditary Breast Cancer and for Breast and Gynecologic Cancers Together - Male Breast Cancer: Light Baby Pink and Baby Blue.|
|Purple||Pancreatic Cancer - Cancer Survivor - Leiomyosarcoma - Testicular Cancer (Purple Orchid or Violet)|
|Teal||Ovarian Cancer - Gynecological Cancer|
|White,Pearl||Lung Cancer - Mesothelioma (Pearl) - Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia (Pearl) - Retinoblastoma|
|Yellow||Bone Cancer - Cholangiocarcinoma - Chondrosarcoma - Ewing's Sarcoma - Gallbladder Cancer - Osteosarcoma - Sarcoma|
|White,Burgundy||Head and Neck Cancers - Laryngeal Cancer - Oral Cancer (Burgundy and White or Red and White) - Pharyngeal Cancer - Throat Cancer|
|Zebra||Carcinoid Cancer - Neuroendocrine Cancers - Rare Diseases (Including Rare Cancers)|
|Red,White,Red||Leukemia and Lymphoma Together - Skin Cancer (Squamous Cell Carcinoma)
|Blue,Silver||Living (Coping) with Cancer|
|Blue,Pink-Purple,Teal||Thyroid Cancer - Blue/Pink-Purple/Teal (tricolored)|
NOTE: This is not a full list of all ribbon colors for all cancer types, it will be updated as other colors for cancers are verified.
- Awareness Ribbons Chart: Color and Meaning of Awareness Ribbon Causes - List of awareness ribbon colors and associated causes regarding health and disability - Includes printable awareness ribbon chart.
- Mood Colors: Meaning and Associations of Color Psychology - Chart showing various colors, the color meaning and what it symbolizes, for those who may be looking for ideas in designing new colored awareness bracelets and ribbons.
- Calendar of US and International Awareness Days, Weeks and Months - List of U.S. National and U.N. International commemorative observance and awareness days, weeks, months to commemorate medical research or ethical cause of importance.
- U.N. International Awareness and Commemorative Dates - List of International days of observance established by the United Nations (UN), World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- List of U.S. Presidential Proclamation Dates - List of annual awareness and observance dates including days, weeks and months, as recognized by U.S. presidential proclamation.
Print Our Cancer Awareness Ribbon Chart
Printable chart of awareness ribbon colors for various types of cancer.
- 1 - Awareness Ribbons Chart: Color and Meaning of Awareness Ribbon Causes : Disabled World (2015/03/09)
- 2 - COVID-19 Awareness Ribbons : Coronavirus Ribbon Designs : Disabled World (2020/04/08)
- 3 - Reducing Stigma of Facial Paralysis : Oregon State University (2015/01/21)
- 4 - Awareness Dates: Days : Weeks : Months : Disabled World (2011/04/30)
- 5 - Global Usher Syndrome Awareness Day : BoroughPR Ltd. (2015/09/16)
- 6 - Rare Disease Day Awareness February 28 - 29th : National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) (2015/02/13)
- 7 - Sunflower Lanyard Program for Hidden Disability Awareness : Disabled World (2019/11/09)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.