Famous People with Disabilities
Disabled World (disabled-world.com)
Revised/Updated: Saturday, 4th April 2020
Synopsis and Key Points:
Collection of lists of famous and well known people with various disabilities and conditions including actors, politicians and writers who contributed to society.
People with disabilities include actors, actresses, celebrities, singers, world leaders, and many other famous people.
Disability can include physical impairment, sensory impairment, cognitive impairment, intellectual impairment, mental illness, and various types of chronic diseases.
Have a disability or medical condition?
You are not alone, people with disabilities include actors, actresses, celebrities, singers, world leaders, and many other famous people. Of course there are also millions of people worldwide who may not be famous in the sense society deems famous, but still live with, battle, and overcome their disabilities every single day of their lives.
A disability is often used to refer to individual functioning, including physical impairment, sensory impairment, cognitive impairment, intellectual impairment, mental illness, and various types of chronic diseases. A disability can be present from birth, or occur during a person's lifetime.
Below you will find lists of many famous and well known people who have, or had, disabilities. These lists are a constant work in progress.
Photograph of German born theoretical physicist Albert Einstein taken around 1904-05.
Lists of Famous People With Disability
List of well known and famous people who currently are, or were amputees.
- Asperger's Syndrome
A list of famous people who either have or had Aspergers Syndrome.
List of well known and famous persons both living and deceased who have and had Asthma in their lives.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
A list of well known people who are known to have autism or a related condition on the autism spectrum.
- Cerebral Palsy
A list of well known and famous persons both living and deceased who have or had Cerebral Palsy.
List of well known people with a cleft a congenital deformity caused by a failure in facial development during pregnancy.
- Club Feet or Foot
A list of well known and famous people who have or had either a club foot or feet.
A list of famous and/or well known people who currently have or had dementia, a progressive decline in cognitive function.
A list of famous persons living and deceased who are Dyslexic or had Dyslexia.
A list of famous and well known people have or had epilepsy.
- Head and Neck Cancer
List of notable people who died from head and neck cancers that include; throat, esophageal, laryngeal, oral, and thyroid cancers.
- Hearing Impairments
List of famous and well known people who are or were deaf and have or had hearing impairments.
- Lou Gehrigs Disease (ALS)
A list of famous and well known people with or had ALS or Lou Gehrigs Disease one of the most common neuromuscular diseases worldwide.
- Meniere's Disease
A list of well known and people who are famous who have or had Menieres Disease.
- Mood Disorders
List of famous people with mood disorders including depression, biopolar disorder, and cyclothymia mania.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
List of famous and well known people both living and deceased who have and had multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
List of famous and well known people who had, or have, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).
List of well known and famous people who had or currently have psoriasis (suh-RI-uh-sus) in their life.
- Parkinson's Disease
List of well known and famous people who have, or did have, Parkinson's disease.
Explanation of the disease Polio and resource list of famous people living and deceased who had polio.
- Physically Disabled World Leaders and Politicians
A list of politicians and world leaders who currently hold or held office while having a significant physical disability.
List of well known and famous people who have and had Schizophrenia.
- Speech Differences and Stutter
List of well known and famous people who have and/or had speech differences including stuttering.
- Spina Bifida
List of well known and famous people both past and present who were born with Spina Bifida.
- Tourettes Syndrome
List of well known people both past and present who have or had Tourettes syndrome.
- Vision Impairments
A list of famous and well known sight impaired people who are or were blind or blind in one eye.
- Wheelchair Users
A list of well known and famous people who use or used wheelchairs since birth and later in life due to disabilities.
- Famous Artists with Disabilities
Marcy Hernandez discusses art and disabilities and lists some well known artists with disability.
- Disability Quotes
A collection of famous, and not so famous, interesting quotes regarding disability and health related disabilities.
- Famous People who Died Young
List of well known and famous people who died before their time in accidents, from health conditions, and other causes.
Subtopics and Associated Subjects
- 1 - Art and Disability : Marcy Hernandez, Founder/Artist The International Association of Artists With Disabilities; Gracie’s Place Art Studio (2019/09/11)
- 2 - Famous People Who Died from Head and Neck Cancer : Disabled World (2019/08/13)
- 3 - Marneen Fields: A Life of High Falls, Deep Dives and Legendary Stunt Awards : John Harrison (Submitted by Marneen Fields) (2018/12/05)
- 4 - List of Famous People Who Died Young : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 5 - Famous People Who Have or Had Psoriasis : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 6 - Famous People Who Have or Had Menieres Disease : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 7 - Famous People With a Cleft : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.