- Allen Dulles
- Charles Woodson
- Claudius - Tiberius Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus or Claudius I
- Damon Wayans
- David Lynch
- Dudley Moore
- Eric Richard
- Freddy Sanchez
- Gary Burghoff
- George Gordon Byron
- Jim Mecir
- Josef Goebbels
- Kristi Yamaguchi - Kristine Tsuya "Kristi" Yamaguchi (Kristi Hedican)
- Lawrence Sherry
- LeRoy Butler
- Mia Hamm
- Miguel Riffo
- Pat Summerall
- Sir Walter Scott
- Steven George Gerrard
- Thaddeus Stevens
- Troy Aikman
Famous People Who Have or Had Club Feet or Foot
Author: Disabled World : Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2017-11-10 : (Rev. 2018-10-12)
Synopsis and Key Points:
A list of well known and famous people who have or had either a club foot or feet.
A clubfoot, or talipes equinovarus (TEV), is a birth defect. The foot is twisted in (inverted) and down. Without treatment , persons afflicted often appear to walk on their ankles, or on the sides of their feet. It is a common birth defect, occurring in about one in every 1,000 live births.
Approximately 50% of cases of clubfoot are bilateral. In most cases it is an isolated dysmelia. Incidence in males is higher than in females.
There are different causes for clubfoot: Mainly caused by Edwards' syndrome, a genetic defect with three copies of chromosome 18 genetic causes with incidence rates increasing significantly when multiple direct family members have the condition external influences such as intrauterine compression from oligohydramnios or from amniotic band syndrome.
Clubfoot is treated with manipulation largely by a podiatrist, sometimes an orthopedic surgeons, specialist nurses, or orthotists, will treat the condition by providing FAB braces to hold the feet in orthodox positions, serial casting, or small splints called knee ankle foot orthoses(KAFO).
After correction has been achieved, maintenance of correction may require the full-time (23 hours per day) use of a splint-also known as a foot abduction brace (FAB)-on both feet, regardless or whether the TEV is on one side or both, for several weeks after treatment. Part-time use of a brace (generally at night, usually 12 hours per day) is frequently prescribed for up to 4 years.
NOTE: If you know of a discrepancy in this list please contact us so we can amend the entry.
- 1 - List of Physically Disabled World Leaders and Politicians : Disabled World (2015/05/04)
- 2 - Art and Disability : Marcy Hernandez, Founder/Artist The International Association of Artists With Disabilities; Gracie’s Place Art Studio (2019/09/11)
- 3 - Famous Well Known People with Hearing Impairments and Deafness : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 4 - Vichay Phommachan: Deaf Artist, Actor, Model, and Dancer : Disabled World (2020/09/12)
- 5 - Famous People Who Are Dyslexic or Had Dyslexia : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 6 - List of Famous Amputees : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 7 - Famous People with Tourettes Syndrome : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.