- Allen Dulles
- Charles Woodson
- Claudius - Tiberius Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus or Claudius I
- Damon Wayans
- David Lynch
- Dudley Moore
- Eric Richard
- Freddy Sanchez
- Gary Burghoff
- George Gordon Byron
- Jim Mecir
- Josef Goebbels
- Kristi Yamaguchi - Kristine Tsuya "Kristi" Yamaguchi (Kristi Hedican)
- Lawrence Sherry
- LeRoy Butler
- Mia Hamm
- Miguel Riffo
- Pat Summerall
- Sir Walter Scott
- Steven George Gerrard
- Thaddeus Stevens
- Troy Aikman
Famous People Who Have or Had Club Feet or Foot
Author: Disabled World
Contact : www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2017-11-10 - (Updated: 2018-10-12)
A list of well known and famous people who have or had either a club foot or feet.
A clubfoot, or talipes equinovarus (TEV), is a birth defect. The foot is twisted in (inverted) and down. Without treatment , persons afflicted often appear to walk on their ankles, or on the sides of their feet. It is a common birth defect, occurring in about one in every 1,000 live births.
Approximately 50% of cases of clubfoot are bilateral. In most cases it is an isolated dysmelia. Incidence in males is higher than in females.
There are different causes for clubfoot: Mainly caused by Edwards' syndrome, a genetic defect with three copies of chromosome 18 genetic causes with incidence rates increasing significantly when multiple direct family members have the condition external influences such as intrauterine compression from oligohydramnios or from amniotic band syndrome.
Clubfoot is treated with manipulation largely by a podiatrist, sometimes an orthopedic surgeons, specialist nurses, or orthotists, will treat the condition by providing FAB braces to hold the feet in orthodox positions, serial casting, or small splints called knee ankle foot orthoses(KAFO).
After correction has been achieved, maintenance of correction may require the full-time (23 hours per day) use of a splint-also known as a foot abduction brace (FAB)-on both feet, regardless or whether the TEV is on one side or both, for several weeks after treatment. Part-time use of a brace (generally at night, usually 12 hours per day) is frequently prescribed for up to 4 years.
NOTE: If you know of a discrepancy in this list please contact us so we can amend the entry.
- 1 - Marneen Fields: A Life of High Falls, Deep Dives and Legendary Stunt Awards : John Harrison (Submitted by Marneen Fields) (2018/12/05)
- 2 - Famous People Who Have or Had Asperger's Syndrome : Michelle Fattig (2017/11/10)
- 3 - List of Famous Amputees : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 4 - Famous People That Use or Used Wheelchairs in the Past : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 5 - Famous People Who Have or Had Lou Gehrigs Disease (ALS) : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 6 - Famous People Who Had and Have Polio : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 7 - Art and Disability : Marcy Hernandez, Founder/Artist The International Association of Artists With Disabilities; Gracie’s Place Art Studio (2019/09/11)