- Aaron Copland - composer
- Abe Burrows
- Alfred Van Vogt
- Arlene Francis - actor
- Arthur O'Connell - actor
- Barry Goldwater
- Betty Schwartz - Olympic gold medal winner in track events
- Bill Quackenbush - professional hockey player
- Burgess Meredith
- Carroll Campbell - Former Rebublican Senator
- Charles Bronson
- Charlton Heston
- Dana Andrews
- Harry Ritz
- Iris Murdoch
- Irving Shulman - screenwriter
- Jack Lord
- James Brooks - artist
- James Doohan - actor
- Joe Adcock - baseball player
- John Douglas French - physician
- Joyce Chen - chef
- Kay Swift
- Louis Feraud - fashion designer
- Mabel Albertson - actor
- Marv Owen - baseball player
- Mervyn Leroy
- Mike Frankovich - film producer
- Molly Picon - actor
- Norman Rockwell
- NormanOtto Preminger - director
- Paul Silva Henriquez - Roman Catholic cardinal, human rights advocate
- Perry Como
- Peter Michael Falk
- Rita Hayworth
- Ronald Reagan
- Ross MacDonald - author
- Rudolph Bing - opera impresario
- Simon Scott - actor
- Stan Mikita
- Sugar Ray Robinson
- Thomas Dorsey - singer
- Tom Fears - professional football player and coach
- Willem DeKooning - artist
Famous People Who Have or Had Dementia
Author: Disabled World : Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2017-11-10 : (Rev. 2018-10-12)
Synopsis and Key Points:
A list of famous and/or well known people who currently have or had dementia, a progressive decline in cognitive function.
A listing of famous people around the world who have, and had, Dementia.
What is Dementia?
Dementia is the progressive decline in cognitive function due to damage or disease in the brain beyond what might be expected from normal aging. Although dementia is far more common in the geriatric population, it may occur in any stage of adulthood. In dementia, affected areas in cognition may be memory, attention, language, and problem solving.
The prevalence of dementia is rising as the global life expectancy is rising. Particularly in Western countries, there is an increasing concern about the economic impact that dementia will have in future, older populaces
There is no cure to this illness, although scientists are progressing in making a type of medication that will slow down the process. Cholinesterase inhibitors are often used early in the disease course - Tacrine (Cognex), donepezil (Aricept), galantamine (Reminyl), and rivastigmine (Exelon) are approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for treatment of dementia induced by Alzheimer disease. They may be useful for other similar diseases causing dementia such as Parkinsons or vascular dementia.
NOTE: If you know of a discrepancy in this list please contact us so we can amend the entry.
- 1 - Famous People Who Are Dyslexic or Had Dyslexia : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 2 - List of Famous Amputees : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 3 - Famous People with Tourettes Syndrome : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 4 - Marneen Fields: A Life of High Falls, Deep Dives and Legendary Stunt Awards : John Harrison (Submitted by Marneen Fields) (2018/12/05)
- 5 - Famous People Who Have or Had Asperger's Syndrome : Michelle Fattig (2017/11/10)
- 6 - Famous People That Use or Used Wheelchairs in the Past : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 7 - Famous People Who Have or Had Lou Gehrigs Disease (ALS) : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.