- Agatha Christie
- Alexander the Great
- Alfred Nobel
- Alfred the Great
- Bud Abbott
- Chanda Gunn
- Charles Dickens
- Charles V of Spain
- Danny Glover
- Dj Hapa
- Edgar Allen Poe
- Fyodor Mikhaylovich Dostoyevsky
- George Frederick Handel
- Hector Berlioz
- Hugo Weaving
- James Madison
- Julius Caesar
- Leonardo Da Vinci
- Lewis Carrol
- Lil Wayne
- Lord Byron
- Louis XIII of France
- Margaux Hemingway
- Martin Luther
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- Neil Young
- Nicolo Paganini
- Paul I of Russia - Pavel (Paul) I Petrovich of Russia
- Peter Tchaikovsky
- Peter the Great
- Prince - (Born epileptic, Disclosed in PBS interview)
- Richard Burton
- Robert Schumann
- Sir Isaac Newton
- Sir Walter Scott
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Truman Capote
- Vincent van Gogh
Famous People Who Have or Had Epilepsy
Author: Disabled World : Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2017-11-10 : (Rev. 2018-10-12)
Synopsis and Key Points:
A list of famous and well known people have or had epilepsy during their lives.
Epilepsy is a common chronic neurological disorder that is characterized by recurrent unprovoked seizures. These seizures are transient signs and/or symptoms due to abnormal, excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain.
Epilepsy is usually controlled, but not cured, with medication, although surgery may be considered in difficult cases.
The diagnosis of epilepsy requires that the seizures be unprovoked, with the implication that the provocant is assumed to be something obviously harmful. However, in some epilepsy syndromes, the provocant can reasonably be considered to be part of normal daily life. Examples of these normal provocants include reading, hot water on the head, hyperventilation, and flashing or flickering lights.
There are many different epilepsy syndromes, each presenting with its own unique combination of seizure type, typical age of onset, EEG findings, treatment, and prognosis.
Epilepsy is usually treated with medication prescribed by a physician; primary caregivers, neurologists, and neurosurgeons all frequently care for people with epilepsy. In some cases the implantation of a stimulator of the vagus nerve, or a special diet can be helpful. Neurosurgical operations for epilepsy can be palliative, reducing the frequency or severity of seizures; or, in some patients, an operation can be curative.
NOTE: If you know of a discrepancy in this list please contact us so we can amend the entry.
- 1 - Famous People Who Are Dyslexic or Had Dyslexia : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 2 - List of Famous Amputees : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 3 - Famous People with Tourettes Syndrome : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 4 - Marneen Fields: A Life of High Falls, Deep Dives and Legendary Stunt Awards : John Harrison (Submitted by Marneen Fields) (2018/12/05)
- 5 - Famous People Who Have or Had Asperger's Syndrome : Michelle Fattig (2017/11/10)
- 6 - Famous People That Use or Used Wheelchairs in the Past : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 7 - Famous People Who Have or Had Lou Gehrigs Disease (ALS) : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.