- Agatha Christie
- Alexander the Great
- Alfred Nobel
- Alfred the Great
- Bud Abbott
- Chanda Gunn
- Charles Dickens
- Charles V of Spain
- Danny Glover
- Dj Hapa
- Edgar Allen Poe
- Fyodor Mikhaylovich Dostoyevsky
- George Frederick Handel
- Hector Berlioz
- Hugo Weaving
- James Madison
- Julius Caesar
- Leonardo Da Vinci
- Lewis Carrol
- Lil Wayne
- Lord Byron
- Louis XIII of France
- Margaux Hemingway
- Martin Luther
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- Neil Young
- Nicolo Paganini
- Paul I of Russia - Pavel (Paul) I Petrovich of Russia
- Peter Tchaikovsky
- Peter the Great
- Prince - (Born epileptic, Disclosed in PBS interview)
- Richard Burton
- Robert Schumann
- Sir Isaac Newton
- Sir Walter Scott
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Truman Capote
- Vincent van Gogh
Famous People Who Have or Had Epilepsy
Published : 2017-11-10 - Updated : 2018-10-12
Author : Disabled World - Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Synopsis* : A list of famous and well known people have or had epilepsy during their lives.
Epilepsy is a common chronic neurological disorder that is characterized by recurrent unprovoked seizures. These seizures are transient signs and/or symptoms due to abnormal, excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain.
Epilepsy is usually controlled, but not cured, with medication, although surgery may be considered in difficult cases.
The diagnosis of epilepsy requires that the seizures be unprovoked, with the implication that the provocant is assumed to be something obviously harmful. However, in some epilepsy syndromes, the provocant can reasonably be considered to be part of normal daily life. Examples of these normal provocants include reading, hot water on the head, hyperventilation, and flashing or flickering lights.
There are many different epilepsy syndromes, each presenting with its own unique combination of seizure type, typical age of onset, EEG findings, treatment, and prognosis.
Epilepsy is usually treated with medication prescribed by a physician; primary caregivers, neurologists, and neurosurgeons all frequently care for people with epilepsy. In some cases the implantation of a stimulator of the vagus nerve, or a special diet can be helpful. Neurosurgical operations for epilepsy can be palliative, reducing the frequency or severity of seizures; or, in some patients, an operation can be curative.
NOTE: If you know of a discrepancy in this list please contact us so we can amend the entry.
Related Famous Disabled Documents
- 1: Famous People with Tourettes Syndrome : Famous and well known people, past and present, who have or had Tourettes syndrome, also called Gilles de la Tourette syndrome, GTS, Tourette's or abbreviated TS.
- 2: Famous People with Autism Spectrum Disorders : A list of well known people who are known to have autism or a related condition on the autism spectrum.
- 3: Famous People That Use or Used Wheelchairs in the Past : A list of well known and famous people who use or used wheelchairs since birth and later in life due to disabilities.
- 4: Famous People Who Have or Had Parkinson's Disease : List of well known and famous people who have or did have Parkinson's disease.
- 5: List of Physically Disabled World Leaders and Politicians : A list of politicians and world leaders who currently hold or held office while having a significant physical disability.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also follow Disabled World on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
*Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Disabled World. Electronic Publication Date: 2017-11-10 - Revised: 2018-10-12. Title: Famous People Who Have or Had Epilepsy, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/awareness/famous/ep.php>Famous People Who Have or Had Epilepsy</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-14, from https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/awareness/famous/ep.php - Reference: DW#511-13095.