- Alexander "Skip" Spence
- Andy Goram
- Antoin Artaud
- Bob Mosley
- Charles "Buddy" bolden
- Eduard Einstein
- James Beck Gordon - (Jim Gordon)
- Joe Meek
- John Nash
- Lionel Aldridge
- Mary Todd Lincoln
- Meera Popkin
- Parveen Babi
- Peter Green
- Roger Kynard
- Rose Williams
- Syd Barrett
- Tom Harrell
- Vaclav Nijinsky
Famous People Who Had or Have Schizophrenia
Author: Disabled World
Contact : www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2017-11-10 - (Updated: 2018-10-12)
This article provides a list of well known and famous people who have and had Schizophrenia.
What is Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a mental illness characterized by impairments in the perception or expression of reality, most commonly manifesting as auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions or disorganized speech and thinking in the context of significant social or occupational dysfunction.
Studies suggest that genetics, early environment, neurobiology and psychological and social processes are important contributory factors.
A person experiencing schizophrenia may demonstrate symptoms such as disorganized thinking, auditory hallucinations, and delusions.
Diagnosis is based on the self-reported experiences of the person as well as abnormalities in behavior reported by family members, friends or co-workers, followed by secondary signs observed by a psychiatrist, social worker, clinical psychologist or other clinician in a clinical assessment.
Management of symptoms and improving function is thought to be more achievable than a cure. Treatment was revolutionized in the mid 1950s with the development and introduction of chlorpromazine.
NOTE: If you know of a discrepancy in this list please contact us so we can amend the entry.
- 1 - Marneen Fields: A Life of High Falls, Deep Dives and Legendary Stunt Awards : John Harrison (Submitted by Marneen Fields) (2018/12/05)
- 2 - Famous People Who Have or Had Asperger's Syndrome : Michelle Fattig (2017/11/10)
- 3 - List of Famous Amputees : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 4 - Famous People That Use or Used Wheelchairs in the Past : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 5 - Famous People Who Have or Had Lou Gehrigs Disease (ALS) : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 6 - Famous People Who Had and Have Polio : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 7 - Art and Disability : Marcy Hernandez, Founder/Artist The International Association of Artists With Disabilities; Gracie’s Place Art Studio (2019/09/11)