- Alexander "Skip" Spence
- Andy Goram
- Antoin Artaud
- Bob Mosley
- Charles "Buddy" bolden
- Eduard Einstein
- James Beck Gordon - (Jim Gordon)
- Joe Meek
- John Nash
- Lionel Aldridge
- Mary Todd Lincoln
- Meera Popkin
- Parveen Babi
- Peter Green
- Roger Kynard
- Rose Williams
- Syd Barrett
- Tom Harrell
- Vaclav Nijinsky
Famous People Who Had or Have Schizophrenia
Author: Disabled World : Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2017-11-10 : (Rev. 2018-10-12)
Synopsis and Key Points:
This article provides a list of well known and famous people who have and had Schizophrenia.
What is Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a mental illness characterized by impairments in the perception or expression of reality, most commonly manifesting as auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions or disorganized speech and thinking in the context of significant social or occupational dysfunction.
Studies suggest that genetics, early environment, neurobiology and psychological and social processes are important contributory factors.
A person experiencing schizophrenia may demonstrate symptoms such as disorganized thinking, auditory hallucinations, and delusions.
Diagnosis is based on the self-reported experiences of the person as well as abnormalities in behavior reported by family members, friends or co-workers, followed by secondary signs observed by a psychiatrist, social worker, clinical psychologist or other clinician in a clinical assessment.
Management of symptoms and improving function is thought to be more achievable than a cure. Treatment was revolutionized in the mid 1950s with the development and introduction of chlorpromazine.
NOTE: If you know of a discrepancy in this list please contact us so we can amend the entry.
- 1 - List of Physically Disabled World Leaders and Politicians : Disabled World (2015/05/04)
- 2 - Art and Disability : Marcy Hernandez, Founder/Artist The International Association of Artists With Disabilities; Gracie’s Place Art Studio (2019/09/11)
- 3 - Famous Well Known People with Hearing Impairments and Deafness : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 4 - Vichay Phommachan: Deaf Artist, Actor, Model, and Dancer : Disabled World (2020/09/12)
- 5 - Famous People Who Are Dyslexic or Had Dyslexia : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 6 - List of Famous Amputees : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 7 - Famous People with Tourettes Syndrome : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.