- Abraham Lincoln
- Adam Ant - (born Stuart Leslie Goddard)
- Amy Tan
- Ben Stiller - Benjamin Edward Stiller
- Billy Corgan
- Billy Joel
- Boris Yeltsin
- Brian Wilson
- Britney Spears - Bipolar Uncomfirmed
- Brooke Shields
- Buzz Aldrin
- Carrie Fisher - Carrie Frances Fisher
- David Bohm
- Diana Princess of Wales
- Dick Cavett
- DMX - Earl Simmons
- Drew Carey
- Harrison Ford
- Jim Carrey
- John Denver
- Kurt Cobain
- Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Mariah Carey - Revealed she has bipolar disorder
- Mike Wallace
- Richard Stephen Dreyfuss
- Winston Churchill
Famous People with Mood Disorders
- Publish Date: 2017/11/10 - (Rev. 2018/10/12)
- Author: Disabled World
- Contact : www.disabled-world.com
Outline: List of famous people with mood disorders including depression, biopolar disorder, and cyclothymia mania.
List of famous people with mood disorders including depression, biopolar disorder, and cyclothymia mania.
What are Mood Disorders?
A mood disorder is a condition whereby the prevailing emotional mood is distorted or inappropriate to the circumstances. The two major types of mood disorders are depression or unipolar depression and bipolar disorder.
Bipolar I Disorder - A mood disorder that is characterized by at least one Manic or Mixed episode. There may be episodes of Hypomania or Major Depression as well. It is a sub-diagnosis of bipolar disorder, and conforms to the classic concept of manic-depressive illness.
Bipolar II Disorder - A bipolar spectrum disorder that is characterized by at least one hypomanic episode and at least one major depressive episode. It is believed to be underdiagnosed because hypomanic behavior often presents as high-functioning.
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) - A personality disorder primarily characterized by emotional dysregulation, extreme "black and white" thinking, or "splitting", and chaotic relationships. The general profile of the disorder also typically includes a pervasive instability in mood, interpersonal relationships, self-image, identity, and behavior.
NOTE: If you know of a discrepancy in this list please contact us so we can amend the entry.
- 1 - Famous People Who Have or Had Lou Gehrigs Disease (ALS) | Disabled World | 2017/11/10
- 2 - Famous People Who Have or Had Asperger's Syndrome | Michelle Fattig | 2017/11/10
- 3 - Famous People Who Had and Have Polio | Disabled World | 2017/11/10
- 4 - Art and Disability | Marcy Hernandez, Founder/Artist The International Association of Artists With Disabilities; Gracie’s Place Art Studio | 2019/09/11
- 5 - Famous People Who Died from Head and Neck Cancer | Disabled World | 2019/08/13