- Albert Einstein
- Andrew Kehoe
- Billy Bob Thornton
- Cameron Diaz
- Charles Darwin
- Charlie Sheen
- David Beckham
- Fred Durst
- Harrison Ford
- Howard Hughes
- Howard Stern
- Howie Mandel
- Ian Puleston-Davies
- Jane Horrocks
- Jessica Alba
- Joey Ramone
- John George Haigh
- John Melendez
- Justin Timberlake
- Kathie Lee Gifford
- Leonardo DiCaprio
- Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Marc Summers
- Martin Scorsese
- Michael Jackson
- Nikola Tesla
- Paul Gascoigne
- Penelope Cruz
- Rose McGowan
- Roseanne Barr
- Samuel Johnson
- Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill
- Stanley Kubrick
- Thomas 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Volkert van der Graaf
- Warren Zevon
Famous People Who Have or Had Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Author: Disabled World : Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2017-11-10 : (Rev. 2018-10-12)
Synopsis and Key Points:
List of famous and well known people who had or have obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is a psychiatric disorder, specifically, an anxiety disorder. OCD is manifested in a variety of forms, but is most commonly characterized by a subject's obsessive drive to perform a particular task or set of tasks, compulsions commonly termed rituals.
The phrase "obsessive-compulsive" has worked its way into the wider English lexicon, and is often used in an offhand manner to describe someone who is meticulous or absorbed in a cause.
People who suffer from the separate and unrelated condition obsessive compulsive personality disorder are not aware of anything abnormal with them; they will readily explain why their actions are rational, and it is usually impossible to convince them otherwise.
Although obsessive-compulsive disorder commonly occurs in many patients with Gilles de la Tourette's syndrome, little is known about the obsessions and compulsions of Tourette's syndrome and whether they differ from those seen in pure obsessive-compulsive disorder.
It is for this reason there is some overlap between this category and our Famous People with Tourettes Syndrome list.
The tic disorder Tourette's Syndrome (TS) and Obsessive- Compulsive Disorder (OCD) are genetic and/or autoimmune neurological syndromes1,2,3 which are comorbid (In medicine, comorbidity describes the effect of all other diseases an individual patient might have other than the primary disease of interest) in 40-75% of patients initially diagnosed with either disorder, with comorbidity (In medicine, comorbidity describes the effect of all other diseases an individual patient might have other than the primary disease of interest) likeliest to occur in their childhood-onset forms.
NOTE: If you know of a discrepancy in this list please contact us so we can amend the entry.
- 1 - List of Physically Disabled World Leaders and Politicians : Disabled World (2015/05/04)
- 2 - Art and Disability : Marcy Hernandez, Founder/Artist The International Association of Artists With Disabilities; Gracie’s Place Art Studio (2019/09/11)
- 3 - Famous Well Known People with Hearing Impairments and Deafness : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 4 - Vichay Phommachan: Deaf Artist, Actor, Model, and Dancer : Disabled World (2020/09/12)
- 5 - Famous People Who Are Dyslexic or Had Dyslexia : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 6 - List of Famous Amputees : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 7 - Famous People with Tourettes Syndrome : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.