Top Models Step for Fashion Targets Breast Cancer Cause
Author: Jones Apparel Group
Published: 2010-08-17 : (Rev. 2016-11-05)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Nine West is in New York City for Spring Summer 2011 Fashion Week to raise funds and awareness for Breast Cancer.
Nine West is hitting the pavement in New York City for Spring/Summer 2011 Fashion Week to raise funds and awareness for Fashion Targets Breast Cancer, The Council of Fashion Designers of America's ("CFDA") charitable organization.
Jones Apparel Group (NYSE: JNY) ("Jones") is partnering with CFDA to create Nine West's Runway Relief Program, an initiative aimed to marshal the forces of the fashion and modeling industries to step for a cause.
Nine West's Runway Relief Program has enlisted top fashion models including Coco Rocha, Jessica White, Michelle Alves and Lisalla Montenegro as well as other models participating in New York Fashion Week to wear a limited edition, Nine West boot. These unique boots are equipped with an Omron GOsmart Pocket Pedometer (HJ-303) that track how many steps each model takes while going from castings and fittings to post-fashion show fetes. Each step taken in the boot will equal a pre-determined monetary amount that [Jones/ Nine West] will donate directly to Fashion Targets Breast Cancer.
Stacy Lastrina, Chief Marketing Officer of Jones Apparel Group and creator of this innovative concept said, "With Nine West's Runway Relief Program we are capturing the energy that models exude during Fashion Week, and translating it into a meaningful way to motivate the fashion community and consumers to give back."
"We are excited to be a part of Nine West's Runway Relief Program," said Steven Kolb, Executive Director of the CFDA. "Partnering with Nine West will make a powerful statement to encourage the industry and their shoppers to get involved in Fashion Target Breast Cancer."
Fred Allard, Nine West's Creative Director and designer of the boot said, "The boot has a combination of rugged, worn leathers and antique pewter hardware, creating a military-inspired boot that can be worn on the go with any outfit."
A limited supply of the boot will be available nationwide for $199 on Nine West's Facebook page, or at www.modelinia.com/ninewestrunwayrelief and www.ninewest.com/runwayrelief for a chance to win the boot beginning August 31st 2010.
Modelinia.com will give insider access to Nine West's Runway Relief Program. Visitors can follow models step-by-step throughout Fashion Week as well as check out exclusive articles and behind the scenes videos from each of the participating models. The models will keep video diaries throughout the week using Bloggie MP4 Cameras provided by Sony. Fashion fans can also participate in Nine West's Runway Relief Program by choosing a model to sponsor on the micro-site. Each mile is worth a $10.00 donation to FTBC. Go to www.modelinia.com/ninewestrunwayrelief to sponsor your favorite model or donate.
To kick off Nine West's Runway Relief Program, famed photographer Nigel Barker will photograph the forty models from Elite, IMG, Next and Marilyn modeling agencies in an iconic New York City location, capturing fashion giving back on camera.
The photo shoot will be streamed live on www.modelinia.com/ninewestrunwayrelief and Nine West's Facebook page www.facebook.com/ninewest on August 31st. Twitter members can follow Nine West's Runway Relief Program's hashtag, #RunwayRelief to get minute-to-minute updates from Fashion Week's top models participating in the program.
- 1 - COVID-19 Awareness Ribbons : Coronavirus Ribbon Designs : Disabled World (2020/04/08)
- 2 - Rare Disease Day Awareness February 28 - 29th : National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) (2015/02/13)
- 3 - Awareness Dates: Days : Weeks : Months : Disabled World (2011/04/30)
- 4 - Awareness Ribbons Chart: Color and Meaning of Awareness Ribbon Causes : Disabled World (2015/03/09)
- 5 - Sunflower Lanyard Program for Hidden Disability Awareness : Disabled World (2019/11/09)
- 6 - Politically Correct Language of Disability : Disabled World (2009/01/28)
- 7 - World Autism Awareness Day with The Brain Broad : Tsara Shelton (2020/04/02)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.