Lifelong Housing and Job Opportunities for Those with Autism and Neuro-Diversities
Published : 2020-06-17
Author : Neuro Diverse Living - Contact: neurodiverseliving.org
Synopsis* : Neuro Diverse Living a 501(c)3 nonprofit to develop lifelong housing and job opportunities for those with autism and other neuro-diversities. Neuro Diverse Living will provide private-pay, smart-home-enabled personal care home communities with state-of-the-art safety features. We know that autism changes everything, which is why nearly 87% of adults with autism remain with their families, and 35% require 24-hour support.
Neuro Diverse Living, a 501(c)3 nonprofit founded to empower and elevate people with autism and other neuro-diversities, this week announced they are seeking out partners and corporate sponsors to establish their first sustainable personal care home community.
Considering the cost of caring for Americans with autism could rise to $461 billion by 2025, and exceed $3.2 million per person over their lifetime (according to statistics from Autism Speaks), Neuro Diverse Living is poised to support autistic adults, families of grown children with autism, and other at-risk individuals.
"We know that autism changes everything, which is why nearly 87% of adults with autism remain with their families, and 35% require 24-hour support," said Jim Richardson, Co-Founder of Neuro Diverse Living. "What happens when their parents are no longer able to care for them? Where will they live? How will they live?"
Neuro Diverse Living will provide private-pay, smart-home-enabled personal care home communities with state-of-the-art safety features.
Evidence based, customized programming, and tailored daily living activities for each resident will prioritize career readiness and employment, relationship-building, good health, and emotional well-being.
These same communities will also be open to others with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities interested in alternative living arrangements and being part of a vibrant neurodiverse personal care home environment.
"My wife and I have had the honor of raising a wonderful autistic son, which has given us firsthand experience regarding the challenges facing families of autistic people today," said Richardson. "We are resolved to help as many families as possible, starting in Bucks County, PA, their home for the last 20-years. We are seeking sponsors and partners to help realize our vision for this under-served population. Together, we can all meet this challenge head on."
For more information, visit: https://neurodiverseliving.org
Lifelong Housing and Job Opportunities for Those with Autism and Neuro-Diversities | Neuro Diverse Living (neurodiverseliving.org). Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, disability sports events, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Related Neurodiversity Documents
- 1: Lifelong Housing and Job Opportunities for Those with Autism and Neuro-Diversities : Neuro Diverse Living a 501(c)3 nonprofit to develop lifelong housing and job opportunities for those with autism and other neuro-diversities.
- 2: How Neurodiversity Could Help Improve Your Workforce : By limiting a hiring search to team player candidates could companies restrict their chances of benefiting from diverse innovative thinkers and value added employees.
- 3: Digitalisation is an Opportunity to Unlock Potential of Cognitive Minorities : Members of the EESC discuss how to tap into potential of neurodiversity, which could also help people within these so-called cognitive minorities to integrate socially.
- 4: Autism Speaks Board Appointments - ASAN Statement : ASAN statement regarding Autism Speaks appointment of two Autistic people to its Board of Directors.
- 5: Neurodiversity in the Classroom by Thomas Armstrong : Book: Neurodiversity in the Classroom: Strength-Based Strategies to Help Students with Special Needs Achieve Success in School and Life by Thomas Armstrong.
*Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Neuro Diverse Living. Electronic Publication Date: 2020-06-17. Title: Lifelong Housing and Job Opportunities for Those with Autism and Neuro-Diversities, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/awareness/neurodiversity/neuro-diversities.php>Lifelong Housing and Job Opportunities for Those with Autism and Neuro-Diversities</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-17, from https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/awareness/neurodiversity/neuro-diversities.php - Reference: DW#502-13854.