Awareness Ribbons Chart: Color and Meaning of Awareness Ribbon Causes
Author: Disabled World : Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2015-03-09 : (Rev. 2020-05-06)
Synopsis and Key Points:
List of awareness ribbon colors and associated causes regarding health and disability - Includes printable awareness ribbon chart.
Awareness ribbons are defined as short pieces of colored ribbon folded into a loop, or representations of such.
Awareness ribbons are used to create public awareness to health conditions and other important issues.
Covid-19 Coronavirus Awareness Ribbon
In these times of social isolation/distancing you may like to either suggest a design for a COVID-19 Awareness Ribbon, send us an image of your COVID-19 Awareness Ribbon design, or ask your child(ren) if they wish to design an awareness ribbon. Your description and/or design could convey; sentiments of those effected by COVID-19, remembrance of those who passed due to the Coronavirus, or gratitude for the doctors, nurses, delivery personal, and many many other workers who have, and are, placing their lives on the line every second of the day to save lives and help others stay safe. More information can be found at: Disabled World COVID-19 Awareness Ribbon Design Submissions.
What are Awareness Ribbons?
The use of various colored ribbons is designed to create public awareness to health, medical conditions, disability, and other issues. Awareness ribbons are defined as short pieces of colored ribbon folded into a loop, or representations of such, which are used in the United States, Canada, Australia, UK and other parts of the world as a way for wearers of the ribbon(s) to make a statement of support for a cause or issue.
Many different groups, foundations and organizations have adopted ribbons as symbols of support or awareness - as a result, various causes may often share the same, or similar, ribbon color(s).
How Many Awareness Ribbons Are There?
16 different colored cancer type awareness ribbons.
With new awareness days, weeks, and months, and ribbon colors, designs and symbols being created for causes, conditions, and cancer awareness, we're not sure how many there are, but as seen below there are a lot!
- Disabled World does not guarantee accuracy or legal status of these ribbons and/or their causes. Before using any ribbon colors and/or designs for any reason thoroughly research all current existing ribbon designations and causes.
- As many awareness ribbon colors may have multiple associated meanings we only list ribbons regarding health/disabilities.
- Due to different groups, organizations, countries, as well as people often creating different colored ribbons for the same cause, we may have a condition/disease listed several times under various ribbon colors.
- If you know a ribbon/cause we have listed is not correct - or if you know of an awareness ribbon color or cause we have missed - please see:
How to correct, register, or submit an awareness ribbon color or design.
|Color Chart of Awareness Ribbons|
|Black Awareness Ribbons|
|Blue Awareness Ribbons|
Light Blue Ribbon
Robin Egg Blue
Blue Ribbon (2 Tone)
Blue/Gray Ribbon with Red Blood Drop
Blue Jeans Denim Ribbon
|Brown Awareness Ribbons Causes and Meanings|
|Burgundy Awareness Ribbons|
|Copper Awareness Ribbon|
|Cream Awareness Ribbons|
|Gray/Grey Awareness Ribbons|
|Green Awareness Ribbons|
Lime Green Ribbon
Light Green Ribbon
Sea Green/Sea Foam Blue
|Gold Awareness Ribbons|
|Orange Awareness Ribbons|
|Peach Awareness Ribbons|
|Amber Awareness Ribbons|
|Pearl, White or Clear Ribbons|
|Pink Awareness Ribbons|
|Purple Awareness Ribbon Causes and Meanings|
Lavender Awareness Ribbons
Purple and Silver
|Red Awareness Ribbons|
|Silver Awareness Ribbons|
|Yellow Awareness Ribbons|
|Awareness Symbols Causes and Meanings|
Autism Infinity Symbol
Blue Star Symbol
Checkered Eye Symbol
Black and White Checkered Ribbon
Dark Blue and Orange/Orchid
Purple Ribbon with White Spots in Figure 8 Format
Multi-colored Puzzle Ribbon
Teal Lichen Sclerosus Ribbon
FOXG1 - Orange Ribbon with Fox Tail
Pink Ribbon - Red Ribbon
Mint Green and Golden Yellow Butterfly
|Multiple Colored Ribbons Causes and Meanings|
Beige - Giraffe Print Ribbon
Black with Silver Sparkled Striped Zebra Ribbon
Black and White Striped Ribbon
Blue and Green
Blue, Orange, Green and Yellow
Blue and Red Ribbon
Blue and Purple Ribbon
Blue and Teal Ribbon
Blue/Purple - Teal/Purple - Turquoise/Purple
Blue and Yellow Ribbon
Bone/Beige Trimmed in Royal Blue
Brown with Pink Dots
Burgundy and Ivory
Burgundy and Purple
Cow Print Ribbon
Gold and Blue with Diamond
Gold and Silver
Gray and Cream
Light Green/Dark Blue
Grey and Burgundy
Grey Ribbon with Red heart
Hypotonia Awareness Ribbon
Idiopathic Hypersomnia Awareness
Oral Cancer Awareness Ribbon
Ivory with Rose Ribbon
Lime Green with DNA Strand Ribbon
Mandibulofacial Dysostosis with Microcephaly
Orange and Green Ribbon
Orange and navy blue ribbon
Orchid and Orange Ribbon
Pink and Blue Ribbon
Pink Purple and Teal Ribbon
Purple and Black
Purple and Black
Purple and Green
Purple Blue Marigold Ribbon
Purple and Teal with White Stars
Purple, Teal and Green Ribbon
Purple and White
Purple and Yellow Ribbon
Quilt Design Ribbon
Red and White Ribbon
Red and Zebra Striped Ribbon
Red with White Border
Red and Gold Ribbon
Red White and Black
Red and Yellow Ribbon
Silver and Blue
Silver, Red and Zebra Ribbon
Green Lanyard or Ribbon with Sunflowers
Teal and Black Ribbon
Teal and White Ribbon
White with Blue Outline
White with Navy Stripe
Yellow and Multicolor Ribbon
White Ribbon with Red Spots
Zebra Ribbon (Black and White)
How Do I Register an Awareness Ribbon Color or Design?
Awareness Ribbons are not a centralized idea, there isn't really an official place to go to register a design, or color. Currently, awareness ribbons are considered to be in the public domain in most countries, and a simple ribbon of a particular color is generally not considered sufficiently original and/or creative enough to be copyrighted by a person - or group. However, in a few cases several particular designs have been granted a special trademark status. Eg. Canada has granted "official mark" status for the pink (breast cancer) awareness ribbons to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
If you are designing your own awareness ribbon and need color ideas, check out our comprehensive list of HEX and RGB color codes.
How Do I Submit an Awareness Ribbon Color or Design?
You are welcome to submit an awareness ribbon color and/or design to add to our list provided it meets the following criteria:
- When submitting an awareness ribbon, or design, please provide an example(s) of where the ribbon is currently used, e.g. web-page address, organization etc.
- Do NOT post, or redesign, awareness ribbons that are trademarked - (TM), (R). Some ribbons, including style, color, and design are copyrighted, you should thoroughly research the ribbon design you are wishing to submit to avoid possible copyright infringement.
- To avoid listing several different ribbons and/or designs for the same cause the awareness ribbon and/or design you wish to submit MUST be recognized as the most popular one chosen for the cause it represents - Different styles and colors recognized by different countries are OK.
To submit an awareness ribbon, or if you know a ribbon/cause we have listed is not correct, or if you know of an awareness ribbon color or cause we have missed, please contact us.
Awareness Bracelet Colors
An awareness band, awareness bracelet, or wristband, is defined as a bracelet of various colors on which a slogan is sometimes written, usually sold to raise awareness for charitable causes. These plastic wristbands are available in nearly every color, or colors, and are constructed from material such as silicone, fabric, rubber, or plastic. Awareness bracelets sometimes carry embossed messages demonstrating the wearer's support of a certain cause, or charitable organization. Awareness bracelets generally use the same, or similar colors to awareness ribbons.
- Cancer Awareness: Color Chart of Ribbon Colors for Cancers - List, table and printable chart outlining the colors of awareness ribbons that represent different types of cancer and their causes.
- Mood Colors: Meaning and Associations of Color Psychology - Chart showing various colors, the color meaning and what it symbolizes, for those who may be looking for ideas in designing new colored awareness bracelets and ribbons.
- Calendar of US and International Awareness Days, Weeks and Months - List of U.S. National and U.N. International commemorative observance and awareness days, weeks, months to commemorate medical research or ethical cause of importance.
- Notable LGBT Awareness Dates and Events - List of important LGBT+ community awareness remembrance dates and coming events in respect to sexual orientation, gender identity, transgenderism, transsexualism, and intersexuality.
- U.N. International Awareness and Commemorative Dates - List of International days of observance established by the United Nations (UN), World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- List of U.S. Presidential Proclamation Dates - List of annual awareness and observance dates including days, weeks and months, as recognized by U.S. presidential proclamation.
- 1 - COVID-19 Awareness Ribbons : Coronavirus Ribbon Designs : Disabled World (2020/04/08)
- 2 - Rare Disease Day Awareness February 28 - 29th : National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) (2015/02/13)
- 3 - Awareness Dates: Days : Weeks : Months : Disabled World (2011/04/30)
- 4 - Awareness Ribbons Chart: Color and Meaning of Awareness Ribbon Causes : Disabled World (2015/03/09)
- 5 - Sunflower Lanyard Program for Hidden Disability Awareness : Disabled World (2019/11/09)
- 6 - Politically Correct Language of Disability : Disabled World (2009/01/28)
- 7 - World Autism Awareness Day with The Brain Broad : Tsara Shelton (2020/04/02)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.