U.N. International Awareness and Commemorative Dates
Author: Disabled World
Contact : www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2018-12-20 - (Updated: 2020-03-30)
List of International days of observance established by the United Nations (UN), World Health Organization (WHO) and UNESCO.
- United Nations (U.N.) promotes international awareness and action on a number of important world issues.
- 24 March - International Day for the Right to the Truth concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims.
What Are International Days of Observance?
International days of observance, and/or awareness, are notable observed periods such as days, weeks, months, years and even decades, declared by various world governments, major groups and organizations to raise awareness of a particular issue, to commemorate a group or event, or created to celebrate an occasion.
By creating special dates or observances, the United Nations (U.N.) promotes international awareness and action on a number of important world issues.
Basic gray scale map of the world.
Many of these dates have been established by:
- Economic and Social Council, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- United Nations Environment Program (UNEP)
- United Nations General Assembly (UN)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Listed below is a list of international days of observance observed or declared by the United Nations.
|International Awareness and Commemorative Dates as Observed by the United Nations|
|U.N. International Days|
|U.N. International Weeks|
|U.N. International Years|
|U.N. International Decades|
- Awareness Ribbons Chart: Color and Meaning of Awareness Ribbon Causes - List of awareness ribbon colors and associated causes regarding health and disability - Includes printable awareness ribbon chart.
- Awareness Dates: Days - Weeks - Months - List of major awareness dates and commemorative observance days weeks and months that focus on health medical and disability research or ethical causes of importance.
- List of U.S. Presidential Proclamation Dates - List of annual awareness and observance dates including days, weeks and months, as recognized by U.S. presidential proclamation.
- Notable LGBT Awareness Dates and Events - List of important LGBT+ community awareness remembrance dates and coming events in respect to sexual orientation, gender identity, transgenderism, transsexualism, and intersexuality.
- 1 - Awareness Ribbons Chart: Color and Meaning of Awareness Ribbon Causes : Disabled World (2015/03/09)
- 2 - World Autism Awareness Day with The Brain Broad : Tsara Shelton (2020/04/02)
- 3 - Awareness Dates: Days : Weeks : Months : Disabled World (2011/04/30)
- 4 - List of U.S. Presidential Proclamation Dates : Disabled World (2018/12/20)
- 5 - U.N. International Awareness and Commemorative Dates : Disabled World (2018/12/20)
- 6 - NAFLD Can Lead to Liver Cancer : Canadian Liver Foundation (2019/03/13)
- 7 - My Sibling Doll : Disability Awareness Educational Dolls : LorettaRose, LLC (2017/02/13)