U.N. International Awareness and Commemorative Dates
- Publish Date: 2018/12/20 - (Rev. 2019/06/07)
- Author: Disabled World
- Contact : www.disabled-world.com
Outline: List of International days of observance established by the United Nations (UN), World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). United Nations (U.N.) promotes international awareness and action on a number of important world issues. 24 March - International Day for the Right to the Truth concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims.
What Are International Days of Observance?
International days of observance, and/or awareness, are notable observed periods such as days, weeks, months, years and even decades, declared by various world governments, major groups and organizations to raise awareness of a particular issue, to commemorate a group or event, or created to celebrate an occasion.
By creating special dates or observances, the United Nations (U.N.) promotes international awareness and action on a number of important world issues.
Many of these dates have been established by:
Basic gray scale map of the world.Economic and Social Council, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- United Nations Environment Program (UNEP)
- United Nations General Assembly (UN)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Listed below is a list of international days of observance observed or declared by the United Nations.
|International Awareness and Commemorative Dates as Observed by the United Nations|
|U.N. International Days|
|U.N. International Weeks|
|U.N. International Years|
|U.N. International Decades|
- Awareness Ribbons Chart: Color and Meaning of Awareness Ribbon Causes - List of awareness ribbon colors and associated causes regarding health and disability - Includes printable awareness ribbon chart.
- Awareness Dates: Days - Weeks - Months - List of major awareness dates and commemorative observance days weeks and months that focus on health medical and disability research or ethical causes of importance.
- List of U.S. Presidential Proclamation Dates - List of annual awareness and observance dates including days, weeks and months, as recognized by U.S. presidential proclamation.
- Notable LGBT Awareness Dates and Events - List of important LGBT+ community awareness remembrance dates and coming events in respect to sexual orientation, gender identity, transgenderism, transsexualism, and intersexuality.
- 1 - Awareness Dates: Days - Weeks - Months | Disabled World (2011/04/30)
- 2 - Awareness Ribbons Chart: Color and Meaning of Awareness Ribbon Causes | Disabled World (2015/03/09)
- 3 - The Sunflower Lanyard Program for Hidden Disabilities | Disabled World (2019/11/09)
- 4 - U.N. International Awareness and Commemorative Dates | Disabled World (2018/12/20)
- 5 - UN World Food Safety Day - 7th June Annually | World Health Organization (WHO) (2019/06/07)
- 6 - List of U.S. Presidential Proclamation Dates | Disabled World (2018/12/20)
- 👉 For further related information see our full list of Awareness Documents - (120 Fact Sheets).