World Autism Awareness Day with The Brain Broad
Author: Tsara Shelton : Contact: autismanswersbytsara.blogspot.com
Published: 2020-04-02 : (Rev. 2020-04-22)
- Dr. Lynette Louise (aka The Brain Broad), and people who build their lives and livings out of helping others, are finding creative and powerful ways to reach out to their communities.
- Today is World Autism Awareness Day. It is also my mom's birthday. And she has found a safe and wonderful way to celebrate it with you, me, and all our friends!
- Invite the family into your home as they have invited us into theirs. Let's connect and learn and love together in this way!
Autism Answer: World Autism Awareness Day with The Brain Broad - Bringing Us A Way To Learn and Connect With The World from Home
Quarantined and staying home, sheltering in place, not working or working with anxiety, the world is undoubtedly in a state of change. It is going to wake up different.
In the meantime, people like my mom, Dr. Lynette Louise (aka The Brain Broad), people who build their lives and livings out of helping others, are finding creative and powerful ways to reach out to their communities.
Today is World Autism Awareness Day. It is also my mom's birthday. And she has found a safe and wonderful way to celebrate it with you, me, and all our friends!
Dr. Lynette Louise (known affectionately as The Brain Broad) pictured with a large model of the human brain with colored segments.
FIX IT IN FIVE with LYNETTE LOUISE aka THE BRAIN BROAD is her international docu-series, airing on The Autism Channel, highlighting and helping five different families, over the course of five days, in five different countries. Until now seasons one and two (Uganda and USA respectively) were only available to view for anyone with The Autism Channel or available to rent/own via Vimeo on Demand.
However, today she is releasing all five episodes of season one on YouTube. Fall in love with Milly, a single mom in Uganda, and her autistic daughter, Trisca! Get to know them, their unique challenges and brave willingness to learn on camera. Follow Lynette as she teaches and gives tools, learns and reaches out for support, nibbles on grasshoppers.
Invite the family into your home as they have invited us into theirs. Let's connect and learn and love together in this way! Yes, we are connected to everyone in this world and sometimes it is dangerous. But most of the time, when done with intention and acceptance and understanding, it is life enhancing and beautiful.
A great gift to you this World Autism Awareness Day, and a great gift to The Brain Broad on her birthday, is taking advantage of her offer: Watch FIX IT IN FIVE with THE BRAIN BROAD. Share it with your family and friends and watch it together while separated. Contact each other to discuss your favorite moments and lessons, and continue on to the next episode.
The world is going to wake up different. We can wait and see in what ways, or we can choose to do our part to shape it inclusively and sustainably.
For my mom's birthday I hope you'll join us in doing the latter.
Here are the Playlists on her YouTube Channel - While you're there, be sure to check out the ABCs of autism playlist. So far we are up to the letter C and all three short videos are FANTASTIC!
And here is Episode one from Uganda - FIX IT IN FIVE with THE BRAIN BROAD
However you choose to spend your time, I'm sending you love and virtual hugs this World Autism Awareness Day!!!
About: Tsara Shelton is the author of "Spinning in Circles and Learning From Myself" - a book that offers a unique and intimate narrative on parenting, autism, and growing up.
Website: Tsara Shelton's Autism Answers: Offers a variety of musings, shared family stories, book reviews, and short fiction posts that are rarely specifically about autism or parenting. They are, however, almost always stories grown from the fertile and organic thinking soil that can be found where the two come together.
Facebook: Autism Answers with Tsara Shelton
- 1 - COVID-19 Awareness Ribbons : Coronavirus Ribbon Designs : Disabled World (2020/04/08)
- 2 - Awareness Dates: Days : Weeks : Months : Disabled World (2011/04/30)
- 3 - Awareness Ribbons Chart: Color and Meaning of Awareness Ribbon Causes : Disabled World (2015/03/09)
- 4 - Sunflower Lanyard Program for Hidden Disability Awareness : Disabled World (2019/11/09)
- 5 - Politically Correct Language of Disability : Disabled World (2009/01/28)
- 6 - World Autism Awareness Day with The Brain Broad : Tsara Shelton (2020/04/02)
- 7 - List of U.S. Presidential Proclamation Dates : Disabled World (2018/12/20)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.