Year of Making a Difference Program to Benefit Charities
- Publish Date: 2012/01/04 - (Rev. 2013/03/24)
- Author: The Gallop Law Firm
Outline: The Year of Making a Difference to benefit local non profit enterprises that assist children adults senior citizens and military personnel impoverished sick disabled or looking for a second chance in life.
Main DigestThe Gallop law firm is launching a unique charitable awareness and fundraising initiative called "The Year of Making a Difference" to benefit local non-profit enterprises that assist people who may be impoverished, sick, disabled, or looking for a second chance in life, including children, adults, senior citizens and military personnel.
Charity - Provision of help or relief to the poor; alms-giving. Something given to help the needy; An institution, organization, or fund established to help the needy. Benevolence or generosity toward others or toward humanity. Indulgence or forbearance in judging others.
Gallop Managing Partner Thomas J. Campbell observes, "So far as we know, Gallop is the only law firm in St. Louis with a progressive program of this kind. Many law firms support a variety of non-profit enterprises. Yet, it is never enough because charitable needs in our community loom large. "The Year of Making a Difference" is one way Gallop is trying to do more in a challenging economy."
Starting in January 2012 and throughout "The Year of Making a Difference", Gallop will partner with one non-profit organization each month, except in one month where two charities that often work together will be jointly showcased.
- Each month, Gallop will launch a charity awareness campaign on www.LinkedIn.com and via additional communications.
- The firm will acknowledge every new follower of Gallop's LinkedIn profile by donating one dollar to that month's participating non-profit organization.
- Every month, Gallop attorneys and staff also will provide volunteer support and hands-on participation in activities managed by the non-profit organizations.
Laura B. Callahan, Gallop Director of Marketing, asserts, "We created "The Year of Making a Difference" after asking ourselves, "How can Gallop truly support deserving non-profit entities by increasing their profiles, performing meaningful volunteer tasks and raising money in a way that complements Gallop's business mission and makes a positive impact" We found the answer by developing this unique program.
"The Year of Making a Difference" advances Gallop's historic commitments to supporting non-profit organizations and, also complements our firm's client-focused approach apparent in our tag line "The Difference is Evident." We are very excited about this new charitable initiative because it will distinguish participating non-profit organizations by boosting awareness of their service missions and, also, distinguish Gallop as a law firm dedicated to meaningful community involvement," Callahan says.
For the "Year of Making a Difference," Gallop will showcase these groups:
- Big Brothers-Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri (www.bbbs.org/);
- Focus St. Louis (focus-stl.org);
- Habitat for Humanity St. Louis (www.habitatstl.org);
- KidSmart (www.kidsmartstl.org);
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Gateway Chapter (www.lls.org);
- 501Connect, Inc. (www.501Connect.com);
- Operation Food Search (www.operationfoodsearch.org);
- Operation Home Front (www.operationhomefront.net/Missouri);
- St. Louis Sports Commission Sports for Kids Program (www.stlouissports.org/);
- United Cerebral Palsy Heartland (www.ucpheartland.org);
- Wings of Hope (www.wings-of-hope.org);
- Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (www.lhbindustries.com)
- St. Louis Society for the Blind & Visually Impaired (www.slsbvi.org).
Debbie Kersting, Executive Director, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Gateway Chapter, observes,
"This is wonderful! I think Gallop's creative thinking about charitable promotions will set a new standard in St. Louis."
David Ekin, President of the St. Louis Society for the Blind & Visually Impaired, asserts,
"Gallop has developed a very innovative charitable program that will make a positive impact."
Kathy Rose, Co-Founder & Executive Director, 501 Connect, Inc, adds,
"We are extremely excited to be part of Gallop's "Year of Making a Difference" campaign To be recognized by an organization as highly-respected as Gallop is an honor, and one that will help 501Connect better serve St. Louis."
On January 11, Gallop will launch "Year of Making a Difference" with a reception at the new Skip Viragh Center for the Arts, a superb facility with a 1,500 seat theater and impressive lobby at Chaminade Preparatory College. All participating charities and members of their Board of Directors will join business, political and community leaders for mutual networking, plus a performance by the Pyrotechnic performing arts troupe.
- 1 - Donors Contributed 1,147 Home Health Items to St. Louis HELP Equipment Drive | St. Louis HELP | 2015/10/26
- 2 - St. Louis HELP Medical Equipment Donation Drive Generates Record-Breaking Results | St. Louis HELP | 2018/05/16
- 3 - 9Yr Old Girl Inspired by Brother's Illness Hosts Lemonade Stand This Saturday | Tampa General Hospital | 2017/08/03
- 4 - From the Street to the Streets - Fighting for Rights of Disabled | Advocates for Individuals with Disabilities | 2016/10/30
- 5 - Auction of Robin Williams' Bicycle Collection to Benefit CAF and Reeve Foundation | Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation | 2016/10/20
- 6 - 2016 Sturgis Buffalo Chip Legends Ride | Sturgis Buffalo Chip | 2016/07/07
- 7 - Petco Foundation Awards Funding to Provide Service Dogs to Disabled Veterans | Petco Foundation | 2015/11/10
- 8 - Mercy Ships - A Global Charity Organization | Disabled World | 2010/02/05
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media