Year of Making a Difference Program to Benefit Charities
Published : 2012-01-04 - Updated : 2020-02-23
Author : Gallop Law Firm - Contact: Gallop Law Firm
Synopsis* : The Year of Making a Difference to benefit local non profit enterprises that assist children adults senior citizens and military personnel impoverished sick disabled or looking for a second chance in life. Each month, Gallop will launch a charity awareness campaign on www.LinkedIn.com and via additional communications. Every month, Gallop attorneys and staff also will provide volunteer support and hands-on participation in activities managed by the non-profit organizations.
The Gallop law firm is launching a unique charitable awareness and fundraising initiative called "The Year of Making a Difference" to benefit local non-profit enterprises that assist people who may be impoverished, sick, disabled, or looking for a second chance in life, including children, adults, senior citizens and military personnel.
Gallop Managing Partner Thomas J. Campbell observes, "So far as we know, Gallop is the only law firm in St. Louis with a progressive program of this kind. Many law firms support a variety of non-profit enterprises. Yet, it is never enough because charitable needs in our community loom large. "The Year of Making a Difference" is one way Gallop is trying to do more in a challenging economy."
Starting in January 2012 and throughout "The Year of Making a Difference", Gallop will partner with one non-profit organization each month, except in one month where two charities that often work together will be jointly showcased.
- Each month, Gallop will launch a charity awareness campaign on www.LinkedIn.com and via additional communications.
- The firm will acknowledge every new follower of Gallop's LinkedIn profile by donating one dollar to that month's participating non-profit organization.
- Every month, Gallop attorneys and staff also will provide volunteer support and hands-on participation in activities managed by the non-profit organizations.
Laura B. Callahan, Gallop Director of Marketing, asserts, "We created "The Year of Making a Difference" after asking ourselves, "How can Gallop truly support deserving non-profit entities by increasing their profiles, performing meaningful volunteer tasks and raising money in a way that complements Gallop's business mission and makes a positive impact?" We found the answer by developing this unique program.
"The Year of Making a Difference" advances Gallop's historic commitments to supporting non-profit organizations and, also complements our firm's client-focused approach apparent in our tag line "The Difference is Evident." We are very excited about this new charitable initiative because it will distinguish participating non-profit organizations by boosting awareness of their service missions and, also, distinguish Gallop as a law firm dedicated to meaningful community involvement," Callahan says.
For the "Year of Making a Difference," Gallop will showcase these groups:
- Big Brothers-Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri (www.bbbs.org/);
- Focus St. Louis (focus-stl.org);
- Habitat for Humanity St. Louis (www.habitatstl.org);
- KidSmart (www.kidsmartstl.org);
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Gateway Chapter (www.lls.org);
- 501Connect, Inc. (www.501Connect.com);
- Operation Food Search (www.operationfoodsearch.org);
- Operation Home Front (www.operationhomefront.net/Missouri);
- St. Louis Sports Commission Sports for Kids Program (www.stlouissports.org/);
- United Cerebral Palsy Heartland (www.ucpheartland.org);
- Wings of Hope (www.wings-of-hope.org);
- Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (www.lhbindustries.com)
- St. Louis Society for the Blind & Visually Impaired (www.slsbvi.org).
Debbie Kersting, Executive Director, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Gateway Chapter, observes;
"This is wonderful! I think Gallop's creative thinking about charitable promotions will set a new standard in St. Louis."
David Ekin, President of the St. Louis Society for the Blind & Visually Impaired, asserts;
"Gallop has developed a very innovative charitable program that will make a positive impact."
Kathy Rose, Co-Founder & Executive Director, 501 Connect, Inc, adds;
"We are extremely excited to be part of Gallop's "Year of Making a Difference" campaign To be recognized by an organization as highly-respected as Gallop is an honor, and one that will help 501Connect better serve St. Louis."
On January 11, Gallop will launch "Year of Making a Difference" with a reception at the new Skip Viragh Center for the Arts, a superb facility with a 1,500 seat theater and impressive lobby at Chaminade Preparatory College.
All participating charities and members of their Board of Directors will join business, political and community leaders for mutual networking, plus a performance by the Pyrotechnic performing arts troupe.
Year of Making a Difference Program to Benefit Charities | Gallop Law Firm (Gallop Law Firm). Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
You're reading Disabled World. Be sure to check out our homepage for further informative disability news, reviews, disability sports events, exclusive stories and how-tos. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Related Charities and Donations Documents
- 1: U.K. Disability Charities to Benefit from Government Funding : The money will fund services to provide practical support for disabled children, set up and expand helplines, and provide mental health and well-being support.
- 2: Recite Me: Not for Profit Web Accessibility Solution : Recite Me is a cloud-based web accessibility assistive toolbar solution that allows website visitors to customize a site in a way that works best for them.
- 3: From the Street to the Streets : Fighting for Rights of Disabled : Advocates for Individuals with Disabilities improves lives of individuals with disabilities through charitable gifts, opportunities and removal of equal access barriers for Americans with disability.
- 4: Veteran Organizations Dominate Most Inquired About Charities : Division of Consumer Affairs list of organizations claiming to help American veterans dominate list of most inquired about charities.
- 5: 9 Year Old Girl Inspired by Brothers Illness Hosts Lemonade Stand : Avery will be selling cups of kindness at her lemonade stand outside TeBella Tea Company on Davis Islands Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m..
*Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Gallop Law Firm. Electronic Publication Date: 2012-01-04 - Revised: 2020-02-23. Title: Year of Making a Difference Program to Benefit Charities, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/charity/charity-benefit.php>Year of Making a Difference Program to Benefit Charities</a>. Retrieved 2021-04-17, from https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/charity/charity-benefit.php - Reference: DW#462-8772.