Summer Fun Campaign - RHA Howell
Author: RHA Howell, Inc.
Synopsis and Key Points:
The non-profit seeks public donations to help provide summer activities for children and adults with disabilities.
Main DigestRHA Howell Launches Its Summer Fun Campaign - The non-profit seeks public donations to help provide summer activities for children and adults with disabilities.
Like so many other non-profit organizations that rely on state and federal funding to continue to help the people they serve, RHA Howell, a non-profit, statewide organization that has been serving people with disabilities for nearly 40 years, is facing drastic budget cuts. Yet the RHA staff leadership is determined not to let that interfere with the summer activities they've always provided for the children and adults they support.
To that end, RHA Howell has launched its first "Summer Fun Campaign" on its website, www.rhahowell.org. A link on the site's landing page takes visitors to the "Summer Fun Campaign" page, where they can read about activities planned, or hoped for, this summer at RHA Howell's Greenville group homes and River Bend programs in New Bern. At the bottom of the page is a "donate" button that allows anyone to contribute any amount to the campaign via Paypal or credit card.
"Every gift will truly make a difference, no matter how big or how small," said RHA Howell's marketing and events director, Debbie Valentine. "All donations are gratefully accepted and appreciated."
What are some of the summer activities planned at RHA Howell's Greenville and New Bern locations this summer
The children in RHA Howell's group homes in Greenville will be attending an eight-week summer camp provided by the Greenville Parks and Recreation Department. This camp is designed for adolescents with special needs. Each week has a theme with activities and field trips related to each of the themes. The cost is $49 per child per week.
The Greenville staff is also planning a family picnic for both group homes to bring the residents' families and care staffs together for a day of fun, food, and games. They would also like to organize a beach trip sometime during the summer months.
The River Bend Center in New Bern is planning a day at the USS North Carolina Battleship in Wilmington, a trip to a water park, and a day at the North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro. The cost is $25 per person.
River Bend would also like to go to an Aquarium, have a day at the beach, or simply go to the movies each week. To celebrate the River Bend programs' founding in 1983, the staff is also planning a full day of festivities for the 125 people who call River Bend home, their families, and the staff.
To make a donation to RHA Howell's "Summer Fun Campaign," go to www.rhahowell.org and click on the campaign's icon.
About RHA Howell, Inc. - RHA Howell is a not-for-profit 501 (c) (3) organization that has been helping people with disabilities and special needs, and their families, make choices to live more independently for more than 35 years. Integrity, high standards for quality, and hard work are at the core of every RHA Howell disability assistance program. Proven leaders in caring for people, RHA Howell, Inc. is a pioneering force in the field of human services, particularly supporting infants and children. For more information, please go to www.rhahowell.org
- 1 - From the Street to the Streets : Fighting for Rights of Disabled : Advocates for Individuals with Disabilities (2016/10/30)
- 2 - Veteran Organizations Dominate Most Inquired About Charities : New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs (2012/08/02)
- 3 - 9 Year Old Girl Inspired by Brothers Illness Hosts Lemonade Stand : Tampa General Hospital (2017/08/03)
- 4 - Year of Making a Difference Program to Benefit Charities : Gallop Law Firm (2012/01/04)
- 5 - Donors Contributed 1,147 Home Health Items to St. Louis HELP Equipment Drive : St. Louis HELP (2015/10/26)
- 6 - St. Louis HELP Medical Equipment Donation Drive Generates Record-Breaking Results : St. Louis HELP (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Auction of Robin Williams' Bicycle Collection to Benefit CAF and Reeve Foundation : Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation (2016/10/20)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.