Supporting Children with Disabilities - Solidifi Launches Appraiser Driven Charitable Program
Author: SOLIDIFI INC.
Synopsis and Key Points:
Solidifi launches the Buck At A Time charitable program at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital.
Main DigestSolidifi Launches Appraiser-Driven Charitable Program To Support Children With Disabilities.
Solidifi, a leading real estate appraisal management firm, today launched the Buck At A Time charitable program at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital. Through the program, members of Solidifi's appraiser network can donate one dollar from their appraisal fee to charity. Buck At A Time donations will fund local programs and research at Holland Bloorview and expand to include other children's rehabilitation centers across Canada.
According to Solidifi President and CEO, Jason Smith, Buck At A Time's appraiser-driven focus separates it from other industry charity programs. "At its core, Buck At A Time is about unlocking the power of our 3,000 strong Canadian appraiser network," he says. "Imagine the difference they can make simply by donating a dollar or more from each appraisal transaction to benefit the communities in which they live and work. I'm thrilled that Solidifi is not only able to strengthen the relationships our appraiser partners have with their communities, but also to launch the first program of its kind in the industry."
Smith initiated Buck At A Time in response to a life changing event. In 2007, his six-year-old son nearly lost his life battling bacterial meningitis. Through Holland Bloorview's rehabilitation programs and services, his son made a complete recovery. As a result, Smith and his family are committed to supporting the work of children's rehabilitation centers. Smith expects 90% of annual donations to fund local children's rehabilitation hospitals in the form of mobility devices, therapy, respite care, home improvements and support for families; 10% of annual donations will fund research of childhood disability at Holland Bloorview, which positively impacts children with disabilities globally.
Michael Kal, President, Cornerstone Property Appraisals and Consulting, was one of the first appraisers to enroll in the program. "I'm proud to be associated with Buck At A Time," he says. "On behalf of all appraisers in Ontario, I truly appreciate the opportunity to make a difference in the community."
Says Valerie McMurtry, President and CEO of Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation, "We are grateful to have corporate partners, like Solidifi. The support we receive from Solidifi's appraiser community will ensure children and their families have access to the best research in childhood disability focused on developing new technologies, testing new therapies and trying new approaches to enable kids to a better quality of life. We look forward to a long and meaningful partnership with Solidifi."
Adds Smith, "The program is a definite win-win for everyone involved: Appraisers can support a worthwhile cause and unite with their communities; children's rehabilitation hospitals such as Holland Bloorview can continue their important research, developing new therapies and technologies. And, as an organization, Solidifi can assist in the cause through fundraising events and connecting our appraisers with their communities. I'm extremely encouraged by the number of appraisers who've already embraced the program and I look forward to taking the program stateside later this year."
About Solidifi - Solidifi is a leading provider of appraisal management solutions to the North American financial services industry. The organization offers a flexible service platform for procuring collateral valuation from marketplace vendors and appraisers which allows its customers to make incredibly smart decisions. Named one of Mortgage Technology Magazine's 'Top 50 Service Providers' for 2010-11, Solidifi is headquartered in Toronto with an office in Chicago. Additional information about Solidifi is available at www.solidifi.com.
About Holland Bloorview - Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation raises funds in the community for Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital. Holland Bloorview is Canada's largest children's rehabilitation hospital. It pioneers treatments, technologies, therapies and real-world programs that give children with disabilities the tools to participate fully in life. For more information, please visit: www.hollandbloorviewfoundation.ca
- 1 - From the Street to the Streets : Fighting for Rights of Disabled : Advocates for Individuals with Disabilities (2016/10/30)
- 2 - Veteran Organizations Dominate Most Inquired About Charities : New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs (2012/08/02)
- 3 - 9 Year Old Girl Inspired by Brothers Illness Hosts Lemonade Stand : Tampa General Hospital (2017/08/03)
- 4 - Year of Making a Difference Program to Benefit Charities : Gallop Law Firm (2012/01/04)
- 5 - Donors Contributed 1,147 Home Health Items to St. Louis HELP Equipment Drive : St. Louis HELP (2015/10/26)
- 6 - St. Louis HELP Medical Equipment Donation Drive Generates Record-Breaking Results : St. Louis HELP (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Auction of Robin Williams' Bicycle Collection to Benefit CAF and Reeve Foundation : Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation (2016/10/20)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.