Unum Donates $6.7 Million to Causes in 2010
Synopsis and Key Points:
Unum donated more than $6.7 million to worthwhile causes a 3-percent increase over the previous year.
Main DigestUnum's commitment to give back to its communities remained strong in 2010, as the company donated more than $6.7 million to worthwhile causes - a 3-percent increase over the previous year. Employees followed the company's lead, giving an additional $2.7 million last year to non-profit organizations.
"And each year, employees join us in demonstrating that commitment. Supporting our communities is a natural extension of how we serve our customers every day."
"As one of the core values of our business, social responsibility has always been a priority for our company," said Unum President and CEO Tom Watjen. "And each year, employees join us in demonstrating that commitment. Supporting our communities is a natural extension of how we serve our customers every day."
Unum provides financial protection through employee benefits such as disability, life and long-term care insurance to more than 25 million people in the United States and United Kingdom. The company is headquartered in Chattanooga with major operations in Portland, Maine; Worcester, Mass.; Glendale, Calif.; and in the U.K. as well as in Columbia, S.C., through its Colonial Life business.
The company's charitable giving is focused on organizations that improve four main areas: public education, disabilities, health and wellness, and arts and culture. Throughout the year, hundreds of organizations and thousands of individuals benefit from the company's generosity.
The United Way was the biggest beneficiary of Unum's charitable giving last year, receiving nearly $1 million from the company. Combined with employee contributions to the United Way, the total gift to the organization was more than $2.5 million in 2010.
About Unum - Unum (www.unum.com) is one of the leading providers of employee benefits products and services and the largest provider of group and individual disability income protection insurance in the United States and the United Kingdom.
- 1 - From the Street to the Streets : Fighting for Rights of Disabled : Advocates for Individuals with Disabilities (2016/10/30)
- 2 - Veteran Organizations Dominate Most Inquired About Charities : New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs (2012/08/02)
- 3 - 9 Year Old Girl Inspired by Brothers Illness Hosts Lemonade Stand : Tampa General Hospital (2017/08/03)
- 4 - Year of Making a Difference Program to Benefit Charities : Gallop Law Firm (2012/01/04)
- 5 - Donors Contributed 1,147 Home Health Items to St. Louis HELP Equipment Drive : St. Louis HELP (2015/10/26)
- 6 - St. Louis HELP Medical Equipment Donation Drive Generates Record-Breaking Results : St. Louis HELP (2018/05/16)
- 7 - Auction of Robin Williams' Bicycle Collection to Benefit CAF and Reeve Foundation : Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation (2016/10/20)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.