List of Best Female Colleges in the United States
Published: 2016-05-10 - Updated: 2020-04-01
Author: College Choice | Contact: collegechoice.net
Synopsis: College Choice, a leading authority in college search and rankings, has published a ranking of the top forty women's colleges in the United States. Our list highlights schools limited to women only and is based exclusively on factors actual college freshmen said were most important to their college decision. Many historic women's colleges are still thriving, and others that have been historically limited to women now admit male students in their ranks.
Alverno College, Meredith College, Brenau University, Ursuline College, and Converse College occupy the top five spots on the list, which is based on factors such as cost of attendance, each program's reputation in its field, and return on investment.
Other schools include Wellesley College, St. Catherine University, Notre Dame of Maryland University, Simmons College, and Mount Mary University.
Robert Hand, lead editor for the ranking, explains College Choice's ranking further:
Women's colleges in the United States are alive and well. Many historic women's colleges are still thriving according to their original mission, and some others that have been historically limited to women now admit male students in their ranks. Our list highlights schools that are still limited to women only and is based exclusively on factors actual college freshmen said were most important to their college decision.
Best Female Colleges in the U.S.
The entire ranking, listed in alphabetical order, is as follows:
- Agnes Scott College, Decatur, GA
- Alverno College, Milwaukee, WI
- Barnard College, New York, NY
- Bay Path University, Longmeadow, MA
- Bennett College, Greensboro, NC
- Brenau University, Gainesville, GA
- Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA
- Carlow University, Pittsburgh, PA
- Cedar Crest College, Allentown, PA
- College of Saint Benedict, St. Joseph, MN
- College of Saint Elizabeth, Morristown, NJ
- College of Saint Mary, Omaha, NE
- Colorado Women's College, Denver, CO
- Converse College, Spartanburg, SC
- Cottey College, Nevada, MO
- Douglass Residential College, New Brunswick, NJ
- Hollins University, Roanoke, VA
- Judson College, Marion, AL
- Mary Baldwin College, Staunton, VA
- Meredith College, Raleigh, NC
- Midway College, Midway, KY
- Mills College, Oakland, CA
- Moore College of Art and Design, Philadelphia, PA
- Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, MA
- Mount Mary University, Milwaukee, WI
- Notre Dame of Maryland University, Baltimore, MD
- Russell Sage College, Troy, NY
- Saint Mary's College, Notre Dame, IN
- Salem College, Winston-Salem, NC
- Scripps College, Claremont, CA
- Simmons College, Boston, MA
- Smith College, Northampton, MA
- Spelman College, Atlanta, GA
- St. Catherine University, St. Paul, MN
- Stephen's College, Columbia, MO
- Sweet Briar College, Sweet Briar, VA
- University of St. Joseph, West Hartford, CT
- Ursuline College, Pepper Pike, OH
- Wellesley College, Wellesley, MA
- Wesleyan College, Macon, GA
College Choice is a leading authority in college and university rankings and resources dedicated to helping students and their families find the right college. The site publishes rankings and reviews that make finding the best colleges for different interests easier and more fun, as well as resources to help students get into, pay for, and thrive at the college of their choice.
Primary Information Source(s):
List of Best Female Colleges in the United States | College Choice (collegechoice.net). Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
In Other News:
You're reading Disabled World. See our homepage for informative disability news, reviews, sports, stories and how-tos. You can also connect with us on social media such as Twitter and Facebook or learn more about Disabled World on our about us page.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
Cite This Page (APA): College Choice. (2016, May 10). List of Best Female Colleges in the United States. Disabled World. Retrieved September 19, 2021 from www.disabled-world.com/disability/education/postsecondary/college-women.php