List of Best Female Colleges in the United States
Author: College Choice(i) : Contact: collegechoice.net
Published: 2016-05-10 : (Rev. 2020-04-01)
Synopsis and Key Points:
College Choice, a leading authority in college search and rankings, has published a ranking of the top forty women's colleges in the United States.
Our list highlights schools limited to women only and is based exclusively on factors actual college freshmen said were most important to their college decision.
Many historic women's colleges are still thriving, and others that have been historically limited to women now admit male students in their ranks.
Alverno College, Meredith College, Brenau University, Ursuline College, and Converse College occupy the top five spots on the list, which is based on factors such as cost of attendance, each program's reputation in its field, and return on investment.
Other schools include Wellesley College, St. Catherine University, Notre Dame of Maryland University, Simmons College, and Mount Mary University.
Robert Hand, lead editor for the ranking, explains College Choice's ranking further:
Women's colleges in the United States are alive and well. Many historic women's colleges are still thriving according to their original mission, and some others that have been historically limited to women now admit male students in their ranks. Our list highlights schools that are still limited to women only and is based exclusively on factors actual college freshmen said were most important to their college decision.
Best Female Colleges in the U.S.
The entire ranking, listed in alphabetical order, is as follows:
- Agnes Scott College, Decatur, GA
- Alverno College, Milwaukee, WI
- Barnard College, New York, NY
- Bay Path University, Longmeadow, MA
- Bennett College, Greensboro, NC
- Brenau University, Gainesville, GA
- Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA
- Carlow University, Pittsburgh, PA
- Cedar Crest College, Allentown, PA
- College of Saint Benedict, St. Joseph, MN
- College of Saint Elizabeth, Morristown, NJ
- College of Saint Mary, Omaha, NE
- Colorado Women's College, Denver, CO
- Converse College, Spartanburg, SC
- Cottey College, Nevada, MO
- Douglass Residential College, New Brunswick, NJ
- Hollins University, Roanoke, VA
- Judson College, Marion, AL
- Mary Baldwin College, Staunton, VA
- Meredith College, Raleigh, NC
- Midway College, Midway, KY
- Mills College, Oakland, CA
- Moore College of Art and Design, Philadelphia, PA
- Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, MA
- Mount Mary University, Milwaukee, WI
- Notre Dame of Maryland University, Baltimore, MD
- Russell Sage College, Troy, NY
- Saint Mary's College, Notre Dame, IN
- Salem College, Winston-Salem, NC
- Scripps College, Claremont, CA
- Simmons College, Boston, MA
- Smith College, Northampton, MA
- Spelman College, Atlanta, GA
- St. Catherine University, St. Paul, MN
- Stephen's College, Columbia, MO
- Sweet Briar College, Sweet Briar, VA
- University of St. Joseph, West Hartford, CT
- Ursuline College, Pepper Pike, OH
- Wellesley College, Wellesley, MA
- Wesleyan College, Macon, GA
College Choice is a leading authority in college and university rankings and resources dedicated to helping students and their families find the right college. The site publishes rankings and reviews that make finding the best colleges for different interests easier and more fun, as well as resources to help students get into, pay for, and thrive at the college of their choice.
(i)Source/Reference: College Choice. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - Free Digital Accessibility Courses for People with Disabilities : Deque Systems, Inc. (2016/05/19)
- 2 - Best Disability Friendly U.S. Colleges and Universities : College Choice (2016/05/26)
- 3 - List of Best Female Colleges in the United States : College Choice (2016/05/10)
- 4 - Atlanta School for Autism - Cumberland Academy of Georgia : Cumberland Academy of Georgia (2015/01/03)
- 5 - Ensuring Academic Success for English Language Learners in Higher Education Through Use of Technology : Dr. Jessica Bogunovich (2017/02/18)
- 6 - College Psychology Classes Lack Curriculum About Disabilities : Oregon State University (2016/02/24)
- 7 - Integrating Social Media in the Humanities Online Classroom : Stacey Atiyeh (2017/02/17)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.