Disability Scholarships 2010 - 2011
- Publish Date: 2010/04/28 - (Rev. 2010/05/02)
- Author: Disabled World Scholarships
Outline: List of scholarships grants and funding programs for 2010-2011 suitable for persons with a disability.
Main DigestAmerican Association on Health and (AAHD) Disability Scholarships Program 2010-2011.
The American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD) contributes to national, state, and local efforts to promote health and wellness in people with disabilities and identify effective intervention strategies that reduce health disparities between people with disabilities and the general population. AAHD accomplishes its mission through research, education and advocacy at the national, state and community level.
In 2009, AAHD created the AAHD Disability Scholarships Program, which will support students with disabilities who are pursuing higher education. Preference will be given to students who plan to pursue undergraduate/graduate studies in the field of public health, health promotion, disability studies, to include disability policy and disability research. Royalties from the DHJ will fund the first year of the AAHD Scholarship Fund.
Scholarships are limited to under $1,000, and the scholarship Committee will determine how many scholarships will be awarded each year and the amount of each scholarship. The AAHD board and staff are excited to be able to launch this program and support the efforts and dedication of students who have chosen to pursue higher education in the field of disability.
The Disability Scholarships Application must be submitted no later than November 15, 2010 - More information and applications - www.aahd.us
Towson University awards two scholarships to students with disabilities in 2010 - 2011
The Laura Lamb Scholarship is open to a full or part-time freshman, sophomore, junior, senior and graduate students with a documented disability. The student must be a Towson University student registered with Disability Support Services and have a minimum GPA of 2.5. The monetary award of the scholarship varies each year.
The Presidential Scholars with Disabilities Scholarship is a merit scholarship open to prospective freshmen and transfer students. The applicant must be a Maryland resident with a documented disability who plans to pursue a bachelor's degree full-time. A minimum high school or college GPA of 3.0 is required. This scholarship covers full tuition and fees.
DSS will accept applications for spring 2011 and spring 2012 Laura Lamb Scholarship awards from October 1, 2010 to November 1, 2010. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2010 AT 4:30PM. For further information see www.towson.edu/dss/studentguide/scholarshipinfo.asp
- 1 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students | Disabled World | 2019/01/31
- 2 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year | OneClass | 2019/06/14
- 3 - Lilly Diabetes Donates $92,000 in Camp Scholarships | Eli Lilly and Company | 2015/02/03
- 4 - Scholarships for Students Who Have Parent with Disability | Through the Looking Glass | 2015/02/27
- 5 - Am I Entitled to Disability Scholarships | Disabled World | 2009/11/23
- 6 - 6 New Scholarships for U.S. and Canadian Applicants | StudySoup | 2019/03/04
- 7 - Lighthouse Guild Scholarships for Legally Blind High School Seniors and Graduate Students | Lighthouse Guild | 2018/11/19
- 8 - Scholarships for Students with Tourette Syndrome - Vocational/Technical and Computer Certifications | WordWork Writing andPublic Relations | 2018/12/04
Help Spread Disability AwarenessConnect with Us on Social Media