National Federation of the Blind 2010 Scholarship Program
- Publish Date: 2009/11/04
- Author: National Federation of the Blind
Outline: Applications are now being accepted for the 2010 National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program.
Main DigestThe National Federation of the Blind, the oldest and largest organization of blind people in the United States, announced today that applications are now being accepted for the 2010 National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program.
Thirty scholarships totaling $100,000 will be awarded to blind students from the United States and Puerto Rico. The scholarships are available to blind students who will be enrolled in college or a graduate program beginning in the fall of 2010, including incoming freshmen. Scholarships range in value from $3,000 to $12,000.
Dr. Marc Maurer, President of the National Federation of the Blind, said: "The National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program is the Federation's way of recognizing outstanding academic achievement by blind students and spreading our positive philosophy of blindness to these students and to the general public. Because of the collective efforts of blind Americans, blind people today are achieving greater academic success and entering fields of study once thought closed to the blind, and celebrating their achievements is always a highlight of our national convention. I join the Scholarship Committee in inviting every eligible blind student to submit an application, and I look forward to meeting the dynamic individuals that will make up the 2010 National Federation of the Blind scholarship class."
Information on the NFB scholarship program is posted online at www.nfb.org/scholarships. The deadline for applications is March 31, 2010.
Questions may be directed to the NFB Scholarship Committee Chairman, Mr. Anil Lewis, by e-mail at Scholarships@nfb.org or by phone at (410) 659-9314, extension 2415.
- 1 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students | Disabled World | 2019/01/31
- 2 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year | OneClass | 2019/06/14
- 3 - Lilly Diabetes Donates $92,000 in Camp Scholarships | Eli Lilly and Company | 2015/02/03
- 4 - Scholarships for Students Who Have Parent with Disability | Through the Looking Glass | 2015/02/27
- 5 - Am I Entitled to Disability Scholarships | Disabled World | 2009/11/23