2018 Lime Connect Fellowship Program for Students with Disabilities
Published: 2018-03-20 - Updated: 2018-04-22
Author: Lime Connect | Contact: limeconnect.com
Synopsis: The 2018 Lime Connect Fellowship Program for students with disabilities prepares them for the recruitment process, and connects them with world leading corporations for potential summer internships.
An exciting opportunity for current university sophomores to connect with Bloomberg, Facebook, Goldman Sachs, Google, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Microsoft, PwC and Unilever - deadline to apply is March 25, 2018.
Lime Connect (Lime) and its corporate partners Bloomberg, Facebook, Goldman Sachs, Google, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Microsoft, PwC and Unilever are pleased to announce The 2018 Lime Connect Fellowship Program for Students with Disabilities.
Lime Fellows Class of 2017
Lime Connect is rebranding disability through achievement via its fresh approach in the disability talent space, and the premier Fellowship Program attracts highly accomplished students with disabilities, prepares them for the recruitment process, and connects them with the world's leading corporations for potential summer internships.
This year-long program includes educational workshops, leadership/skill building, interview preparation, coaching and multiple opportunities to connect with partner companies via The Leadership & Development Symposium and more.
Fellows are also part of the lifelong Lime Fellows Network.
"The Lime Connect Fellowship has truly been one of the most rewarding experiences that I have participated in. The fact that every one of us happens to have a disability was not something to be ashamed of or looked down on. It was something to be embraced and proud of because of the unique perspective that each of us had. This was a complete mind-shift from how I previously viewed my disability. Without a doubt, Lime Connect was a critical jumpstart to my professional career." - Jim SanMarco, Lime Fellows Class of 2011, previously with Bloomberg/currently Enterprise Client Solutions Manager with Microsoft company LinkedIn.
Lime Connect Fellow Benefits
- Participation in an all-expense paid Leadership & Development Symposium in NYC
- Connect with Lime Connect's partner companies via the symposium, networking events, career workshops & more for potential summer internships
- Ongoing professional development & coaching for internship and career success
- Lifelong benefits of The Lime Connect Fellows Network
- A current sophomore/rising junior at a four-year university in the United States
- Continuing studies as a full-time student for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Eligible to work in the United States
- A person with a (visible or non-visible) disability* (See definition below)
- If selected, candidates will attend the following all-expense paid events in New York City:
- * May 17 or 18, 2018 - Lime Connect Fellows Selection "Super Day" (all finalists)
- * July 18 - 22, 2018 - Lime Connect Fellows Leadership & Development Symposium
How to Apply
- Candidates apply online via The Lime Network, and provide the following:
- Contact and education information
- Current resume
- Answers to essay questions
- One letter of recommendation from a professor, advisor or supervisor (due one week after application deadline)
To register for The Lime Network and apply:
- Go to http://www.limeconnect.com
- Application Deadline: Midnight PST on Sunday, March 25th (letters of reference are due by 4/1)
The Lime Network is designed as an exclusive resource for high potential/highly accomplished university students and experienced professionals - including veterans - who happen to have disabilities. It is Lime Connect's broader, virtual program that prepares and connects candidates for career success regardless of their geographic location. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to register and learn of all Lime Connect opportunities, including scholarships, recruitment receptions, internship and full time career opportunities, professional development webinars, social gatherings and more.
*A person with a disability is defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term or recurring issue that impacts one or more activities that others may consider to be a daily function. This definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Disabled World is an independent disability community established in 2004 to provide disability news and information to people with disabilities, seniors, their family and/or carers. See our homepage for informative news, reviews, sports, stories and how-tos. You can also connect with us on Twitter and Facebook or learn more about Disabled World on our about us page.
Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
Cite This Page (APA): Lime Connect. (2018, March 20). 2018 Lime Connect Fellowship Program for Students with Disabilities. Disabled World. Retrieved January 27, 2022 from www.disabled-world.com/disability/education/scholarships/2018-lime.php