AAHD Scholarship Programs for Students with Disabilities 2013 - 2014
- Publish Date: 2013/03/17 - (Rev. 2016/03/27)
- Author: AAHD
Outline: In continuance of the AAHD policy to support students with disabilities pursuing higher education AAHD announces launch of 2013 - 2014 scholarship program.
2013-2014 Scholarship Programs for Students with Disabilities Announced by American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD) - Scholarship opportunities through AAHD's unique program to support students pursuing higher education in the areas of health and disability.
In continuance of the American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD) policy to support students with disabilities pursuing higher education, AAHD announces the launching of the 2013 - 2014 scholarship program.
The mission of AAHD is to contribute to national, state, and local efforts to promote health and wellness in people with disabilities and identify effective intervention strategies that reduce health disparities between people with disabilities and the general population. AAHD accomplishes its mission through research, education and advocacy at the national, state and community level.
Preference is given to students who have a disability and plan to pursue undergraduate/graduate studies in the field of public health, health promotion, disability studies, to include disability policy and disability research. "AAHD is proud of our commitment to providing scholarships to students with disabilities majoring in a disability related field," commented Roberta Carlin, AAHD Executive Director. Royalties from the Disability and Health Journal (DHJO) and private donations fund the AAHD Scholarship Program. More information about the DHJO can be found on www.aahd.us/disability-and-health-journal/.
The AAHD Board of Directors Scholarship Committee evaluates each of the applicants and makes a decision in December of each calendar year.
- The 2013 - 2014 AAHD Scholarship Award will be awarded January, 2014.
- The last year four scholarships were awarded from a pool of over 100 qualified applicants.
- Only completed applications will be considered.
- Applications must be postmarked and/or received by email no later than November 15, 2013.
For more information on eligibility and application requirements, please visit www.aahd.us/initiatives/scholarship-program/
The mission of the American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD) is to advance health promotion and wellness initiatives for children and adults with disabilities through research, policy, education and public awareness at the community, state and federal level. AAHD is located in Rockville, MD.
For more information, please visit AAHD's website: www.aahd.us
- 1 - General Disability Scholarships: Canada | Disabled World | 2009/09/18
- 2 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students | Disabled World | 2019/01/31
- 3 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year | OneClass | 2019/06/14
- 4 - Lilly Diabetes Donates $92,000 in Camp Scholarships | Eli Lilly and Company | 2015/02/03
- 5 - Scholarships for Students Who Have Parent with Disability | Through the Looking Glass | 2015/02/27