Ability Achievement Scholarship: SILVER CROSS
- Publish Date: 2013/04/16 - (Rev. 2016/03/27)
- Author: SILVER CROSS
Outline: Scholarship is offered to full time college and university students who use a manual wheelchair, power wheelchair or mobility scooter while attending class.
SILVER CROSS are proud to introduce the SILVER CROSS Ability Achievement Scholarship.
The SILVER CROSS Scholarship is offered to full time college and university students who use either a manual wheelchair, power wheelchair, or mobility scooter while attending classes.
One applicant each from the United States and Canada will be selected to receive the $3,000.00 scholarship award.
Our goal with this award is to contribute towards the future of a wheelchair user by offering the winning student financial assistance to help cover the expenses of tuition and books.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must obtain a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Must complete at least one full year of college/university.
- Must be a legal resident of the United States or Canada or hold a valid student visa.
- Must use a manual wheelchair, power wheelchair, or mobility scooter (exceptions considered on a case-by-case basis).
- Must have completed the application and submitted their response to the essay question on or before December 31st, 2013.
- Must be enrolled at an accredited college or university within the United States or Canada as an undergraduate or graduate student.
SILVER CROSS is a leading supplier and distributor of home accessibility products, including wheelchair lifts, stair lifts, residential elevators, and other mobility products.
For further information please visit www.silvercross.com/scholarship.html