Ability Achievement Scholarship: SILVER CROSS
Synopsis: Scholarship is offered to full time college and university students who use a manual wheelchair, power wheelchair or mobility scooter while attending class.1
Author: SILVER CROSS
Published: 2013-04-16 Updated: 2016-03-27
SILVER CROSS are proud to introduce the SILVER CROSS Ability Achievement Scholarship.
The SILVER CROSS Scholarship is offered to full time college and university students who use either a manual wheelchair, power wheelchair, or mobility scooter while attending classes.
One applicant each from the United States and Canada will be selected to receive the $3,000.00 scholarship award.
Our goal with this award is to contribute towards the future of a wheelchair user by offering the winning student financial assistance to help cover the expenses of tuition and books.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must obtain a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Must complete at least one full year of college/university.
- Must be a legal resident of the United States or Canada or hold a valid student visa.
- Must use a manual wheelchair, power wheelchair, or mobility scooter (exceptions considered on a case-by-case basis).
- Must have completed the application and submitted their response to the essay question on or before December 31st, 2013.
- Must be enrolled at an accredited college or university within the United States or Canada as an undergraduate or graduate student.
SILVER CROSS is a leading supplier and distributor of home accessibility products, including wheelchair lifts, stair lifts, residential elevators, and other mobility products.
For further information please visit www.silvercross.com/scholarship.html
Related Scholarships Documents
Full List of Scholarships Publications Full List of Disabled World News Updates
Recent Disability News and Updates
Full List of Disabled World News Updates
Disclaimer: Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Disclosure: Disabled World is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information.