Anne Ford Learning Disability and/or ADHD Scholarship
Synopsis: $10,000 scholarship for graduating high school senior with learning disability and/or ADHD who will be enrolled in full-time bachelors degree program in the fall.1
Author: National Center for Learning Disabilities Contact: ncld.org
The Anne Ford Scholarship is a $10,000 scholarship ($2,500/year over four years) granted to a graduating high school senior with a documented learning disability (LD) and/or ADHD who will be enrolled in a full-time bachelor's degree program in the fall.
The ideal Anne Ford Scholar is a student who:
- Articulates his or her challenges and clearly demonstrates the importance of self-advocacy
- Is committed to completing a four-year college degree and has begun to set realistic career goals
- Participates in school and community activities
- Has demonstrated academic achievements consistent with college and career goals
- Plans to contribute to society in ways that increase opportunities for individuals with learning and attention issues
- Excels as a role model and spokesperson for others who struggle with learning and attention issues
- Demonstrates financial need
To be eligible for the Anne Ford Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a graduating high school senior who will be attending a four-year bachelor’s degree program in the fall
- Have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4-point scale (or equivalent)
- Submit current financial information
- Provide most current documentation of an identified learning disability and/or ADHD (e.g., psycho-educational report, neuropsychological evaluation, IEP or 504 plan) and has utilized services, supports, and/or accommodations.
- Please note: LD and ADHD can co-occur with other issues such as speech/language, hearing and vision, and autism spectrum disorders; to be eligible candidates must provide documentation of a specific LD and/or ADHD.
- Be a United States citizen
- We will begin accepting applications on August 1.
- Final deadline for all applications: November 13, 2016.
Related Scholarships Documents
Full List of Scholarships Publications Full List of Disabled World News Updates
Recent Disability News and Updates
Full List of Disabled World News Updates
Disclaimer: Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Disclosure: Disabled World is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information.