Anne Ford Learning Disability and/or ADHD Scholarship
Author: National Center for Learning Disabilities : Contact: ncld.org
Synopsis and Key Points:
$10,000 scholarship for graduating high school senior with learning disability and/or ADHD who will be enrolled in full-time bachelors degree program in the fall.
The Anne Ford Scholarship is a $10,000 scholarship ($2,500/year over four years) granted to a graduating high school senior with a documented learning disability (LD) and/or ADHD who will be enrolled in a full-time bachelor's degree program in the fall.
The ideal Anne Ford Scholar is a student who:
- Articulates his or her challenges and clearly demonstrates the importance of self-advocacy
- Is committed to completing a four-year college degree and has begun to set realistic career goals
- Participates in school and community activities
- Has demonstrated academic achievements consistent with college and career goals
- Plans to contribute to society in ways that increase opportunities for individuals with learning and attention issues
- Excels as a role model and spokesperson for others who struggle with learning and attention issues
- Demonstrates financial need
To be eligible for the Anne Ford Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a graduating high school senior who will be attending a four-year bachelor’s degree program in the fall
- Have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4-point scale (or equivalent)
- Submit current financial information
- Provide most current documentation of an identified learning disability and/or ADHD (e.g., psycho-educational report, neuropsychological evaluation, IEP or 504 plan) and has utilized services, supports, and/or accommodations.
- Please note: LD and ADHD can co-occur with other issues such as speech/language, hearing and vision, and autism spectrum disorders; to be eligible candidates must provide documentation of a specific LD and/or ADHD.
- Be a United States citizen
- We will begin accepting applications on August 1.
- Final deadline for all applications: November 13, 2016.
- 1 - eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : eSight and CNIB Foundation (2020/06/03)
- 2 - General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 3 - Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 4 - Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 5 - Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 6 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
- 7 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year : OneClass (2019/06/14)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.