Bell Law Group Wheelchair Disability Scholarship
Author: Bell Law Group : Contact: belllg.com
Synopsis and Key Points:
New Bell Law Group scholarship will support one law student while raising awareness of mobility and accommodation issues.
Making law school a little more accessible and affordable for one student, the Bell Law Group is launching a new $1,000 Wheelchair Disability Scholarship.
With a wealth of experience supporting disability discrimination claims, the Bell Law Group is a litigation law firm dedicated to fighting for the rights of federal and private employees.
Designated for a law student in a wheelchair, the new Wheelchair Disability Scholarship can be used for higher education tuition and expenses at any law school in the United States.
"At the Bell Law Group, we have seen first-hand how limited mobility can be a major challenge in workplaces and academic settings, so we created this scholarship to help raise awareness about mobility issues and to help educate both employers and employees on the importance of reasonable accommodations," said Jonathan Bell, Bell Law Group. "As litigators, we understand the fears and challenges men and women in wheelchairs face every day. We wanted to offer support, awareness and recognition while helping a future leading lawyer."
- Applicants for the scholarship must be currently enrolled at or accepted to a U.S. law school and permanently confined to a wheelchair.
- The application process involves a short personal essay exploring mobility issues as well as a short information form.
- Applications are due Jan. 31, 2015 and the award recipient will be notified around March 1.
- Completed application materials can be mailed to Jonathan Bell, 100 Quentin Roosevelt Blvd. #208, Garden City, New York 11530.
"From employee rights to disability rights, the Bell Law Group is dedicated to our clients and the next generation. We are thrilled to be able to support one law student's education and dreams," Bell added.
One of the most prestigious labor and employment law firms in the country, the New York-based Bell Law Group, PLLC is a litigation law firm dedicated to fighting for the rights of federal and private employees. For more information, please visit www.belllg.com
- 1 - eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : eSight and CNIB Foundation (2020/06/03)
- 2 - General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 3 - Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 4 - Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 5 - Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 6 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
- 7 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year : OneClass (2019/06/14)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.