Canada Study Grant for Accommodation of Students with Permanent Disabilities
- Publish Date: 2010/06/05 - (Rev. 2016/11/06)
- Author: Mavis Wilkins
Outline: The Canada Study Grant for the Accommodation of Students with Permanent Disabilities can provide up to $8,000 per loan year.
The grant is to help pay for exceptional education-related costs associated with your disability.
These costs may include;
- oral or sign interpreters,
- attendant care for studies,
- specialized transportation (to and from school only),
- learning disability assessments,
- note takers,
- readers and assistive technology.
To be eligible for this grant, you must:
- Have applied and be eligible for a Canada Student Loan
- Have a permanent disability that limits physical or mental ability to perform the daily activities necessary to participate fully in post-secondary studies or in the labor force; and
- Have a need of exceptional education-related services or equipment that are required to perform the daily activities necessary to participate in studies at a post-secondary level.
The Canada Study Grant for the Accommodation of Students with Permanent Disabilities requires a separate application and is administered through the Rehabilitation Programs and Services division of the Department of Education - www.esdc.gc.ca/en/student_grants/csg/disabilities_service_equipement.page
- 1 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students | Disabled World | 2019/01/31
- 2 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year | OneClass | 2019/06/14
- 3 - Lilly Diabetes Donates $92,000 in Camp Scholarships | Eli Lilly and Company | 2015/02/03
- 4 - Scholarships for Students Who Have Parent with Disability | Through the Looking Glass | 2015/02/27
- 5 - Am I Entitled to Disability Scholarships | Disabled World | 2009/11/23