Canada Study Grant for Accommodation of Students with Permanent Disabilities
Published : 2010-06-05 - Updated : 2016-11-06
Author : Mavis Wilkins
Synopsis: The Canada Study Grant for the Accommodation of Students with Permanent Disabilities can provide up to $8,000 per loan year.
The grant is to help pay for exceptional education-related costs associated with your disability.
These costs may include;
- oral or sign interpreters,
- attendant care for studies,
- specialized transportation (to and from school only),
- learning disability assessments,
- note takers,
- readers and assistive technology.
To be eligible for this grant, you must:
- Have applied and be eligible for a Canada Student Loan
- Have a permanent disability that limits physical or mental ability to perform the daily activities necessary to participate fully in post-secondary studies or in the labor force; and
- Have a need of exceptional education-related services or equipment that are required to perform the daily activities necessary to participate in studies at a post-secondary level.
The Canada Study Grant for the Accommodation of Students with Permanent Disabilities requires a separate application and is administered through the Rehabilitation Programs and Services division of the Department of Education - www.esdc.gc.ca/en/student_grants/csg/disabilities_service_equipement.page
You're reading Disabled World. See our homepage for informative disability news, reviews, sports, stories and how-tos. You can also connect with us on social media such as Twitter and Facebook or learn more about Disabled World on our about us page.
Disclaimer: Disabled World provides general information only. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Cite Page: Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Mavis Wilkins. Electronic Publication Date: 2010-06-05 - Revised: 2016-11-06. Title: Canada Study Grant for Accommodation of Students with Permanent Disabilities, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/education/scholarships/canada-study-grant.php>Canada Study Grant for Accommodation of Students with Permanent Disabilities</a>. Retrieved 2021-06-20, from https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/education/scholarships/canada-study-grant.php - Reference: DW#323-4211.