Canada Study Grant for Accommodation of Students with Permanent Disabilities
Synopsis: The Canada Study Grant for the Accommodation of Students with Permanent Disabilities can provide up to $8,000 per loan year.1
Author: Mavis Wilkins
Published: 2010-06-05 Updated: 2016-11-06
The grant is to help pay for exceptional education-related costs associated with your disability.
These costs may include;
- oral or sign interpreters,
- attendant care for studies,
- specialized transportation (to and from school only),
- learning disability assessments,
- note takers,
- readers and assistive technology.
To be eligible for this grant, you must:
- Have applied and be eligible for a Canada Student Loan
- Have a permanent disability that limits physical or mental ability to perform the daily activities necessary to participate fully in post-secondary studies or in the labor force; and
- Have a need of exceptional education-related services or equipment that are required to perform the daily activities necessary to participate in studies at a post-secondary level.
The Canada Study Grant for the Accommodation of Students with Permanent Disabilities requires a separate application and is administered through the Rehabilitation Programs and Services division of the Department of Education - www.esdc.gc.ca/en/student_grants/csg/disabilities_service_equipement.page
Related Scholarships Documents
Full List of Scholarships Publications Full List of Disabled World News Updates
Recent Disability News and Updates
Full List of Disabled World News Updates
Disclaimer: Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Disclosure: Disabled World is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information.