Scholarship for Students with Cerebral Palsy
Author: Reiter & Walsh P.C. : Contact: www.michigancerebralpalsyattorneys.com
Published: 2015-06-09 : (Rev. 2016-09-24)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Michigan Cerebral Palsy Attorneys Achievements and Abilities scholarship for Fall 2015 semester for those affected by cerebral palsy.
Michigan Cerebral Palsy Attorneys has announced a new scholarship opportunity for the Fall 2015 semester that will honor those who have been affected by cerebral palsy. The "Achievements and Abilities" Scholarship will be awarded to one deserving undergraduate or graduate student who is living with cerebral palsy, whether through their own affliction or that of an immediate family member. The deadline for submissions is July 31, 2015.
The purpose of the "Achievements and Abilities" Scholarship is to help raise public awareness of the challenges faced by those living with cerebral palsy while at the same time helping foster the education of an individual student who has spent their entire life coping with the disorder.
With effects ranging from tension and fatigue to paralysis, those diagnosed with cerebral palsy often face a lifetime of physical, social and educational challenges never experienced by the vast majority of Americans.
With the $1,500 scholarship award, Michigan Cerebral Palsy Attorneys hopes not only to ease the financial burden of higher education for the winner, but also to recognize the accomplishments, strength and courage that cerebral palsy patients across the country exhibit on a daily basis.
Cerebral palsy is a grouping of non-progressive neurological disorders that result in loss or impairment of body movement, muscle control, reflexes, balance and posture.
These disorders often develop as a result of brain injuries suffered in utero, during labor and after delivery, (CDC) has identified cerebral palsy as the single most common form of childhood motor disability, affecting three out of every 1,000 children born in the United States. The CDC estimates the lifetime cost to care for an individual born with cerebral palsy at nearly one million dollars.
- The "Achievements and Abilities" Scholarship is open to full-time students enrolled in accredited U.S. colleges with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Interested candidates can find more details about eligibility requirements and how to apply for the scholarship on Michigan Cerebral Palsy Attorneys' website: www.michigancerebralpalsyattorneys.com/scholarship
- The winner of the scholarship will be announced on August 31, 2015
- 1 - eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : eSight and CNIB Foundation (2020/06/03)
- 2 - General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 3 - Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 4 - Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 5 - Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 6 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
- 7 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year : OneClass (2019/06/14)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.