Canadian Disability Policy Alliance Scholarships
- Publish Date: 2012/07/07 - (Rev. 2015/07/18)
- Author: Disabled World
- Contact : Disabled World
Outline: Masters and PhD Scholarships for students working in the area of disability policy.
Masters and PhD Scholarships for students working in the area of disability policy, with applications due October 1, 2012.
There is an opportunity in 2012-13 for 6 scholarships for graduate studies (3 MSc and 3 PhD).
One of the objectives of the Alliance is to prepare Masters and Doctoral candidates for future research careers in the area of disability policy.
Masters students will be funded for $5,000 for one year.
PhD students for $10,000 for each of two years.
25 scholarships will be awarded over the next five years.
The Canadian Disability Policy Alliance addresses five major policy areas:
- Health services
- Federal disability policy
To be eligible to receive one of these scholarships, students must:
- Be in second year of Master's or third & fourth year of PhD program.
- Involve at least one community partner / disability organization in their research.
- Preference will be given to students with a disability, to Canadian students, and to students studying at a Canadian university.
- Be doing research on disability policy for thesis, specifically in one of our 5 areas. Preference will be given to students studying Canadian disability policy.
- 1 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students | Disabled World | 2019/01/31
- 2 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year | OneClass | 2019/06/14
- 3 - Lilly Diabetes Donates $92,000 in Camp Scholarships | Eli Lilly and Company | 2015/02/03
- 4 - Scholarships for Students Who Have Parent with Disability | Through the Looking Glass | 2015/02/27
- 5 - Am I Entitled to Disability Scholarships | Disabled World | 2009/11/23