Canadian Disability Policy Alliance Scholarships
Synopsis: Masters and PhD Scholarships for students working in the area of disability policy.1
Author: Disabled World Contact: Disabled World
Published: 2012-07-07 Updated: 2015-07-18
Masters and PhD Scholarships for students working in the area of disability policy, with applications due October 1, 2012.
There is an opportunity in 2012-13 for 6 scholarships for graduate studies (3 MSc and 3 PhD).
One of the objectives of the Alliance is to prepare Masters and Doctoral candidates for future research careers in the area of disability policy.
Masters students will be funded for $5,000 for one year.
PhD students for $10,000 for each of two years.
25 scholarships will be awarded over the next five years.
The Canadian Disability Policy Alliance addresses five major policy areas:
- Health services
- Federal disability policy
To be eligible to receive one of these scholarships, students must:
- Be in second year of Master's or third & fourth year of PhD program.
- Involve at least one community partner / disability organization in their research.
- Preference will be given to students with a disability, to Canadian students, and to students studying at a Canadian university.
- Be doing research on disability policy for thesis, specifically in one of our 5 areas. Preference will be given to students studying Canadian disability policy.
Related Scholarships Documents
Full List of Scholarships Publications Full List of Disabled World News Updates
Recent Disability News and Updates
Full List of Disabled World News Updates
Disclaimer: Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Disclosure: Disabled World is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information.