Masters and PhD Scholarships for students working in the area of disability policy, with applications due October 1, 2012.
There is an opportunity in 2012-13 for 6 scholarships for graduate studies (3 MSc and 3 PhD).
One of the objectives of the Alliance is to prepare Masters and Doctoral candidates for future research careers in the area of disability policy.
Masters students will be funded for $5,000 for one year.
PhD students for $10,000 for each of two years.
25 scholarships will be awarded over the next five years.
The Canadian Disability Policy Alliance addresses five major policy areas:
- Health services
- Federal disability policy
To be eligible to receive one of these scholarships, students must:
- Be in second year of Master's or third & fourth year of PhD program.
- Involve at least one community partner / disability organization in their research.
- Preference will be given to students with a disability, to Canadian students, and to students studying at a Canadian university.
- Be doing research on disability policy for thesis, specifically in one of our 5 areas. Preference will be given to students studying Canadian disability policy.
- Disability Scholarships - Free College Tuition Money for Students with Disabilities - Hundreds of additional grants and scholarships available for free college tuition money for students with disabilities.
- Options for Online Scholarships and Disability Scholarships - Today there are many options and opportunities available for online scholarships including disability scholarships for the disabled.
- General Disability Scholarships - Canada - Listing of General Disability Scholarships open to students with disabilities in Canada.