Scholarship Program for Deserving Students
Author: Zehl & Associates PC : Contact: zehllaw.com
Published: 2015-01-29 : (Rev. 2016-03-27)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Scholarships to benefit college students, who have been personally affected by a major accident or have immediate family member who has.
One $1,000 scholarship has been designated for a law student at an accredited law school, and a second $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited university. The application deadline is 5:00 pm (CST) May 30, 2015.
"We see education as a wonderful tool in transforming lives, especially those affected by a serious challenge like a major accident," says Ryan Zehl of Zehl & Associates, PC.
"We want to support students with their tuition and fees while providing them a platform to explain the impact the accident how on their lives and how they transformed what was unquestionably a negative experience into an inspirational, success story."
To apply, eligible candidates must submit a short essay, describing the impact the accident had on them or their family member, how they have overcome the effects of the accident (both physically and financially), and how a similar accident could be prevented in the future.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older, a U.S. citizen.
- Have a current GPA of 3.0 or higher (or be in the top 33% of their class for law students.)
Complete details, along with an application packet, can be found at www.zehllaw.com/accident-survivor-scholarship/
The winners' essays, along with their photos, will be published on the firm's website and in related marketing materials.
"A major accident affects the entire family and creates circumstances that may seem impossible to overcome," Zehl adds.
"My hope is that through publishing these essays, others who have experienced similar tragedies will see that they too can conquer seemingly insurmountable challenges."
Zehl & Associates is a leading Personal Injury Law Firm located in Texas. The firm has offices in both Houston and Austin. The Firm represents clients across Texas and the United States involving offshore accidents, bus and truck accidents, and catastrophic refinery and plant explosions.
Visit www.zehllaw.com for more information.
- 1 - eSight and CNIB Foundation Scholarship for Students with Sight Loss : eSight and CNIB Foundation (2020/06/03)
- 2 - General Disability Scholarships: Canada : Disabled World (2009/09/18)
- 3 - Lime Connect 2020 Pathways Scholarship for High School Seniors with Disabilities : Lime Connect (2020/05/17)
- 4 - Fighting Spirit Scholarship for Injured and Disabled Veterans - Lockheed Martin : Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company (2016/09/07)
- 5 - Australian Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow Scholarships Program : Disabled World (2020/04/27)
- 6 - List of Scholarships for Minority Students : Disabled World (2019/01/31)
- 7 - The Freshman Scholarship for 2019-2020 School Year : OneClass (2019/06/14)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.